Have Walmart generic unsalted tops crackers been discontinued?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't seem to find these listed as available in OK or any former state I've lived in by looking at Wally World's web site. I won't pay $2.80-$3.00 for a box of such unsalted crackers that say NABISCO on them. Unsalted crackers are an important staple of mine for soup. They've been in local stores up until not too long ago. I'm on a sodium-restricted diet. There seems to be a conspiracy to kill poor people off by offering unhealthy (high fat, sugar, chemicals, salt) foods as the only thing they can afford. NABISCO crackers taste no better than generic crackers when drowned in my soup.

Meanwhile, name something that can be substituted for these crackers that is low-sodium, low-or-no-fat, crunchy and cheap to go with soup or chili?

Great Value Unsalted Tops Saltine Crackers, 16 oz, 4 Count
1639264341766.png

Last edited:

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
update
I just chatted with one Joshua at Walmart website and he says the product is out of stock all over because it is in high demand, not because it was discontinued. It seems they might need to beef up their production of these cheap unsalted crackers because many smart people want to cut back on the salt but don't want to pay a king's ransom for name-brand stuff. I will just have to eat my boring crackerless soup for now, I guess. Maybe a slice or two of toast on the side of the soup or chili bowl meanwhile. There was a bread shortage last winter even but thankfully they had my crackers back then.

Do you know how non-feasible it would be to try to make crackers at home? Think of the electric bill.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont know anything that would go good with a cold bowl of soup or chili since you think that you will use to much electricity. Besides who eats cracker with soup a grill cheese sandwich is better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom