Heartland Match 3rd Sunday, April 18th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think the rules should state that you have to shoot what you've carried for the last 7 days. There's a ton of matches where you can shoot high caps and competition sized guns.

Why exclude folks? It doesn't slow the match up. It won't interfere with the other divisions. It will bring more revenue to the range. What exactly would be the down side to it? If I were to shoot my concealed Glock, or my S_I, I would still take up as much space an pay my same entry. Just because Jesse's gun said Glock on it, it was ok! IF there would have been 70 people at the match, I could see your logic. For the record, my "competition only" gun has been carried with hydra-shocks and or gold dots more times then with my reloads in a match. It gets a magazine of self defense rounds immediately after each match. So who exactly is the authority on what a carry gun consists of?

The statement about what you carried in the last 7 days, what if I don't have an OK CCW license? Now you just excluded even more people. :clap3:

I like the idea of having classes and scoring that promote the use of your defense firearm, but have a class that will bring in more people too!?!?!?

Again, just my opinion.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Snubby: 5-shot with 2.25" or shorter barrels.

If your snubby has a barrel 2.25" or shorter, it's good to go. If it holds six, you can download to five to shoot with the J-frames. If a reload is required, you can load 6, but only shoot 5.

Pocket carry is a no-go..........Sock carry.............um, no-go as well.

If you have a very low-cap semi-auto, we'll extend the "special rules" to those guns, as well.

Since the match concept is my idea, I suppose I am the authority of what constitutes a carry/defense gun or not. While I recognize that some people keep an STI Grandmaster with a C-more red dot on their nightstand, I'm not going to allow it at this match. That some people carry, perhaps even concealed, a 6" Long Heavy Dustcover STI with a mongo magwell is not lost on me. But that gun won't be allowed at this match.

Please understand, this match is supposed to be about shooting your actual CARRY/DEFENSE gun, as long as that gun complies with the rules. It is supposed to be a venue to shoot your actual carry gun in a competitive environment.

I am allowing more gun options than IDPA would allow. But I doubt there would be as much static if we were following those rules as I'm getting about these rules.

_I_ am not excluding any shooter!

The shooter that won't shoot the match unless he can shoot his racegun is excluding himself .

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
David, please don't consider my part in this as "static" or complaining. I only mean it in good fun. I think you have done a great job with this match and I do understand where you are coming from. It's all good! :sunbath:

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bring it big boy. :). No pocket carry or socks allowed according to DE.

I was joking Mike as the only gun I carry or have is your LCP.

Since it isn't allowed I have to use my G34 as it is the next closest thing I have with a holster and enough speed loading devices.

I do have a couple snubby relovers but unless I can bring my nightstand into the range or my pickup I won't have anywhere to carry it.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So just to calrify I can shoot my production G34 but not my Limited G35 or 3 gun G34 with the magwells and all the go fast stuff? Is there a limit on mag capacity? I used my 3 gun mags last month with 23+1 rounds. Can I use my 28 or 33 rounder? The 33 rounder isn't legal in any other competition so I only use it for defense purposes. That must mean its got to be legal, right?

I am being a smart a$$ here. These same sort of "bang yoru head against the wall" rules discussions are exactly why most matches go with all IDPA or USPSA rules so that you don't have to write an entrely new set of rules.

I plan to use IDPA rules for myself including the cover garment. I plan to shoot IDPA in the future and this is the only close by match that IDPA type guns and gear are competitve. G34 with standard mags and all the mags will be behind the center line of my body and will be concealed. I may even use a very nice 1911 that a good friend let me borrow.Thanks Stewball!

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
David, please don't consider my part in this as "static" or complaining.

Not at all ! I've received email and in-person comments about how this or that "should" be....

I encourage questions asking for clarification, such as downloading the 6-shot snubby question.

You can shoot your G-35 if you take off the magwell, etc.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was being a smart ass. Go if I etch Glock on the slide of my sti, I too can shoot? C'mon Dave. A 34 is as much a carry gun as the STI is.

Again, not trying to get anyones panties in a bunch, just friendly bantering. I watched the videos of the last match and a DOH holster with 20-something round magazines doesn't match your rules for the match. I probably will show up with my stock G-19 and stock magazines (without the extensions seen in the video). Just clarifying the thought process. Yes, open guns and race holsters are a bit out of the scope, I agree. So since mine is a short dustcover and I can remove my magwell, is it legal? That was actually a serious question! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom