Heartland Outdoors SHUTS DOWN 12-31-13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just heard (and confirmed) that store owner Barry Bryant walked into the store today. 12-31-13, and told everyone Heartland Outdoors is DONE, effective immediately. This came as a sucker punch to all the employees, as there was no warning. This, despite his assurances on some forums that HO would "be around for many years."

There will be an auction coming up, so be alert for that.

But if you have something you paid for on order, in for repair, on layaway, etc, you might want to contact Barry and work things out...if possible.

If you bought or received a Heartland Outdoors membership, well, you're out of luck.

My heart goes out to the HO employees, as their New Year is starting with them being unemployed.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(Not sure which forum gets more traffic, so am posting again to get the word out) Not necessary. I merged the threads.

Just heard (and confirmed) that store owner Barry Bryant walked into the store today. 12-31-13, and told everyone Heartland Outdoors is DONE, effective immediately. This came as a sucker punch to all the employees, as there was no warning. This, despite his assurances on some forums that HO would "be around for many years."

There will be an auction coming up, so be alert for that.

But if you have something you paid for on order, in for repair, on layaway, etc, you might want to contact Barry and work things out...if possible.

If you bought or received a Heartland Outdoors membership, well, you're out of luck.

My heart goes out to the HO employees, as their New Year is starting with them being unemployed.

Last edited by a moderator:

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thats too bad. Nice store, closest to me too. Prices always seemed high. there always was a lot of turmoil around the competitions and the fire in the range was a bad deal.

Hope all those employees can find work quickly.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fantastic.....had a few more months on mine. Guess it's time to find a new club.

Worked for a company that did this over a conference call 5 or 6 years ago. That's a real *ick move to lay his employees.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in there the day after Christmas and the store was full of customers. I was hoping they were doing well. Hate to hear this news.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a membership there for a year and enjoyed it very much in the beginning. By the time my renewal came up, it had gotten almost impossible to get a lane in a reasonable amount of time. I haven't been in much in a while, but knew there were issues between management and those putting on the matches. I always hate to see a gun business shut down or anyone to lose their job. Good luck to everyone that worked there.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that sucks was close & usually had reloading components I needed usually dropped in once a week to pick something up was going Thursday as a mater of fact

Latest posts

Top Bottom