Help Deciding on a Scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rckitbuilder

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ultimate plan is to practice and get some training and then try some long range precision rifle shooting (prone). My main problem in deciding which scope to go with. One issue, the Brand Name, but as much or more than that the reticle I should pick. I've been looking at the Nightforce, Leupold and Zeiss. I was contimplating the Zeiss pretty seriously and the Z-Plex reticle possibly the Z-1000 but as I understand this reticle you zero it at 500 yards and then the different ranges 100-1000 are to be dead on in the various line of the reticle. I find this a little hard to believe. Correct me if I'm wrong but itsn't it more dependable to keep a book and count the MOA clicks on the scope for elevation and windage. And build you accuracy from practice and good records? Please tell me if I'm totally off base here. BTW, I'm currently shooting a 22.250 Model 12 Savage and if it works out I plan on going up to a .308.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of what you posted, Night Force for sure. NP-R1 with MOA knobs or MLR with MIL knobs. A buddy of mine (member here) is probably going to sell his NF NXS 3.5-15x50 with MLR and MOA knobs soon. I'm sure he'll see this post, but I'll tell him to holler at you if you want.

rckitbuilder

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of what you posted, Night Force for sure. NP-R1 with MOA knobs or MLR with MIL knobs. A buddy of mine (member here) is probably going to sell his NF NXS 3.5-15x50 with MLR and MOA knobs soon. I'm sure he'll see this post, but I'll tell him to holler at you if you want.

I would be interested, I looked at their website and I like that reticle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom