Help with a Colt New Line First Model .22 revolver built in 1873.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an old nickel plated Colt New Line First Model .22 LR revolver that, according to the serial number, was made the first year of production in 1873. The little gun is in great overall condition but it does need a cylinder pin and a hammer spring. If anyone knows a gunsmith or anyone that might be able to help me get this antique gun back in working condition again, please let me know. Thanks

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh nice! Can you post pics of it?

I actually have the cylinder out of it and the grips off of it right now, but I will stick them back on and see if I can get a picture or two in the next few days and post them.

I have sent a request to Colt for any information they may have on the gun. I've been told the family history of the gun but I hope to find out more. This gun is so old that the BATF doesn't even consider it a gun any more... it's legally an antique, not a gun. I SURE would like to get it operable... although, I have been cautioned about trying to shoot modern ammo in it.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google up Sarco, Dixie Gun Works and Numrich Arms. Email them and see what they may have. You might also browse this site

http://www.coltparts.com/pt_newline2.html

I see they have second model cylinder pins and stuff.

Good luck

Des

Thanks Des... I've been to the Colt parts site MANY times looking for the parts I need for this. They do have parts for First Models from time to time. And I actually DID find a original trigger spring at Numrich about a year ago. I have some contact info for a place that will manufacture parts for it... but I would much rather at least keep the parts all of the same year of manufacture IF possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom