Her Christmas Car... My Idea Won

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ai49.tinypic.com_23s6u0i.jpg

Attachments

• 13564_193042233019_500628019_3041557_7518406_n.jpg
    13564_193042233019_500628019_3041557_7518406_n.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 175

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im goin out on a limb and gonna defend the bang switch blunder. I have a good friend who is FBI, he has told me several times that although its a good safety practice,... he has known people who are no longer alive because of range habits.

Now, personally, I dont touch trigger till Im ready to kill, be it deer or paper, but just sayin,

Fine Christmas Card! Merry Christmas, TCox!

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im goin out on a limb and gonna defend the bang switch blunder. I have a good friend who is FBI, he has told me several times that although its a good safety practice,... he has known people who are no longer alive because of range habits.

Now, personally, I dont touch trigger till Im ready to kill, be it deer or paper, but just sayin,

Fine Christmas Card! Merry Christmas, TCox!

I could possibly see how the split second it took to move your finger to the trigger might cost you your life, but how many lives have been taken by accidental trigger pulls that could have been avoided by "booger hook off the bang switch"?

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could possibly see how the split second it took to move your finger to the trigger might cost you your life, but how many lives have been taken by accidental trigger pulls that could have been avoided by "booger hook off the bang switch"?

I was told of 4 seperate instances. He was supposed to send me some LE report about range habits putting officers/agents in situations. He said the point isnt to stop safety practices, but to be very well aware that what is done for safety on the range, isnt real world applicable.

Like I said early, I, myself, am a safety nazi. Im the guy you see shaking his head at gun shows towards the people walking around with finger on the trigger.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was told of 4 seperate instances. He was supposed to send me some LE report about range habits putting officers/agents in situations. He said the point isnt to stop safety practices, but to be very well aware that what is done for safety on the range, isnt real world applicable.

Like I said early, I, myself, am a safety nazi. Im the guy you see shaking his head at gun shows towards the people walking around with finger on the trigger.

thats just lack of training, that is.

Even during an active engagement, my finger comes out of the trigger guard when I am not actively sending rounds downrange.

The rangemaster or instructor was more worried about (and more effective) teaching safety rules than how to act during a gunfight.

It still a problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom