Here is the Elk I shot with VIDEO!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hah! I already got 4 dislikes on this video just over night! I assume from some anti-hunting people. If you like the video and have a utube account, hit the thumbs up button, Id appreciate it. I don't want them to get ahead with more dislikes! lol

Dang, that looked like a 75 yd shot. Kept looking for the bull when you drew, expecting it to look closer.
Very nice bull[emoji106]

Yea It looked far, but was only 30 yards. At the beginning you can kinda see me moving my sight to the 30 yard position. The gopro makes it look twice as far as it was.

Awesome. What part of the state was that in?

I hunt in the "special southwest zone" in Caddo County.

So much emotion ..That is such a great video and great score..Double congratulations again.

I knew how I was feeling, it was pretty exciting and emotional, but I wasn't sure if that would carry over in the video or not, hopefully it did a little bit at least.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's just awesome. Thanks for sharing and congrats again!

(Now, you can put your bow away for the year. I don't think you're gonna' top that!!!!)

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments!

I went back out to that spot this morning and there are more fresh tracks around the field, but didnt see anything. Its gun season for a few days, but I think Ill hold off on shooting another one for now. May try during the later elk season in December. I was only out for deer this morning, but didnt see a darn thing. Also, Ive never even tried elk before, but Im gonna throw some backstrap on the grill tomorrow!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments!

I went back out to that spot this morning and there are more fresh tracks around the field, but didnt see anything. Its gun season for a few days, but I think Ill hold off on shooting another one for now. May try during the later elk season in December. I was only out for deer this morning, but didnt see a darn thing. Also, Ive never even tried elk before, but Im gonna throw some backstrap on the grill tomorrow!
Elk are a grazer like cattle. Its some really good tasting meat. My wife likes deer, but really prefers elk, so I don't typically take any deer for our freezer until after our elk hunt. Get some for my sister and a friend though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom