Hermit caught stealing food after 27 years living in the woods in Maine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/North-Pond-Hermit-suspect-in-more-than-1000-burglaries-captured.html?pagenum=1

This is an amazing article about a guy who walked into the woods in 1986 and never came out again. He has only had ONE conversation with another human being in between that year and when he was arrested for breaking and entering last week. He survived by stealing food from nearby camps, over 1000 times at least. The article is great because it goes into extensive detail about all the methods he employed to avoid capture and tracking by local law enforcement. It doesn't sound like he's crazy at all, just decided he didn't want to be around people anymore. There are also lots of pics of his shelter, including the extensive level of camouflage he employed.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome for sure, awesome that he was finally arrested. LOL.

He didn't want to be around people anymore, but didn't have a problem stealing other people's sh$t.

The details of his tactics and techniques are interesting however...

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was extremely interesting, and no doubt the guy was smart....but I don't think I could so far as to say he wasn't a little bit crazy.

I mean, he said that listening to Rush Limbaugh was his main connection to the outside world...that's a little crazy. :blahblah:

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, he's got it made now. He'll have agents tripping over each other to get him a million+ dollar deal on at least a book and maybe a movie deal to boot. Plus talk shows and the speech circuit if he wants. That'll be a good introduction back into civilization. :)

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, he's got it made now. He'll have agents tripping over each other to get him a million+ dollar deal on at least a book and maybe a movie deal to boot. Plus talk shows and the speech circuit if he wants. That'll be a good introduction back into civilization. :)

Except there is already an article 'going into extensive detail' about his techniques, shelter, camo, etc. Why buy his book?

I can somewhat symapthize with his just wanting to be in the woods alone, but you have to admit, he has got to be a little bit crazy and he is definitely a thief.

Latest posts

Top Bottom