Hiding stuff in/on your guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody here ever hide something in or on your firearms? I have a few that I have. Like a note inside the hollow cavity of my 870. Has my name, address, DL #, and few other things. Wrote on back side of grips with a sharpie or in a barrel channel. Kinda figure if it ever got stolen and turns up someplace for sale would be a way of identifing it. Freind of mine inherited is grandfathers guns. They had a tiny little cattle brand burned in on the bottom of the stocks or on bottom of pistol grip. He actually found the mini branding iron also, much like a leather stamp.

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found a wheat-penny in the buttstock of my M1 Garand...found a firingpin wrapped in a rag in the buttstock of my No.1 Mk.III* Enfield...of course my Swiss K31 had a tag under the buttplate with some Swiss fella's name and address...

I don't stash anything in my guns personaly.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found a wheat-penny in the buttstock of my M1 Garand...found a firingpin wrapped in a rag in the buttstock of my No.1 Mk.III* Enfield...of course my Swiss K31 had a tag under the buttplate with some Swiss fella's name and address...

I don't stash anything in my guns personaly.

I'd bet that some soldier put that penny there for luck. Wonder if it worked?

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a rolled up copy of my NFA SBS certificate/ stamp in the stock of my 870 shortie. Not that easy to get it out, but if LE should ever "Card me" me for having it, better than them holding it until I bring a copy from home.

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd bet that some soldier put that penny there for luck. Wonder if it worked?

Don't know??...My M1 rifle itself(metal pieces) dates to like 1955...however the buttstock is a WWII hunk of wood. Whatever rifle the wood came on originaly had been fired so much the inside of the barrel channel was about burned-out!!

I forgot what the date was/is on the wheat penny...I think it's a 1950's penny though. I still have the penny..if I remember I'll look

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know??...My M1 rifle itself(metal pieces) dates to like 1955...however the buttstock is a WWII hunk of wood. Whatever rifle the wood came on originaly had been fired so much the inside of the barrel channel was about burned-out!!

I forgot what the date was/is on the wheat penny...I think it's a 1950's penny though. I still have the penny..if I remember I'll look

Korea maybe? With the barrel channel burned out, maybe it was used to defend against one of the famous "human wave" attacks?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom