Hk vp9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusader8207

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The VP9 has become my primary firearm. I agree with Mr Shooter that holster selection currently is very slim but more people are making them. I am using one from Fury Holsters. They have a quick ship option and had it in 5 days. I have an appendix holster on order with JM Custom holsters.

As far as shooting impressions, I find the trigger to be very good. Some people have complained that the trigger is gritty, but I have not had that impression at all. When I compare the VP9 trigger to a Glock trigger, I find the Glock trigger to be spongy in comparison. I have done quite a bit of dry fire practice with it and now the Glock feels a little awkward to shoot by comparison.

The grip on the gun points very naturally for me, more so than the Glock (for the record, my Glock is a GEN 4 17 with RMR). I did find the grip texture on the VP9 to be very slippery (especially in the summer heat) so I stippled it, which made a huge difference. I also switch out the luminous sights for a set of Trijicon HD sights.

Below is a target in which I shot 10 rounds in 10 seconds at 10 yards. YMMV

1907411_10202522645650458_5943699984797057323_n.jpg

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am an admitted HK fan. I've already seen a few of these come up for sale on the used market. If any of you have had and already flipped one, what made you get rid of it? I'm going to either buy the VP9 or a P30 soon, I just can't make up my mind yet. I'm leaning more to the P30 but at the price point the VP9 sure looks good.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a die hard Glock fanboy, I have to say. HK really hit it out of the park with the VP9. HK perfected the Glock :D Love Love Love this pistol.

All the major holster manufacturers have VP9 holsters now. Crossbreed, Comp-tac, Stealthgear and Bravo Concealment all have holsters available.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got one a couple weeks ago at Tulsa gun show. I've put a few mags thru it and as an HK fan and longtime shooter, I'm still getting used to the trigger versus my USPs. I am left handed, so I really like the ambi controls! I really want to see a mid sized model... Similar size to the Glock 19/23. I'll say this, it's damned sure a shooter! The consistancy of the trigger lends itself to some nice grouping! Oh, and the price should scare the crap out of Glock!! They have a hit on their hands and I expect to see a full range of sizes and calibers in the striker fired HK, very soon...