Hog Hunting Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I keep hearing everyone say that Heyburn WMA has plenty of pigs. I've never seen any there personally. Can anyone on these forums say that they've seen them there?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep hearing everyone say that Heyburn WMA has plenty of pigs. I've never seen any there personally. Can anyone on these forums say that they've seen them there?

I've seen 'em, and killed a couple there. Area in NW part of the lake, just south of 33 used to have quite a few, but they do move around.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm heading down to the All About U Ranch ( http://allabouturanch.com/ ) in a couple of weeks for a single day hunt. I've got a buddy that's hunted hogs with them a couple of times now and he's pleased with them. In the past they've offered both free range hunting and fenced hunting, but I think they may have removed the free range option. $250/day for a single hog with no trophy fee. That includes a couple of meals. I'll report back with my impression.

mlw2123

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL "HOG CONSERVATIONIST!!" Well honestly, I would like for there to be more of the hogs for us to hunt instead of people doing helicopter shoots and just laying hundreds to waste with no intention of keeping the meat...I know they are a nuisance but still, if done correctly, wild hog meat is pretty darn tasty!! So don't waste it, distribute it!!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I figured he'd better get ready for folks to start condemning him - you know, hogs are worse than the plague, let's poison them all, justice for Porky, etc...

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunting on my friends dads land near Altus. First time and I'm taking my new savage .308 and trusty 30-06. It should be fun. Pics to be posted in the month or so

With the new digital cameras, pictures are a lot quicker than waiting till a roll of film is full then getting them developed and scanned so you show us. Just funning ya man. Good luck. Shoot all ya can!

Latest posts

Top Bottom