Holster info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question is, what type of holster causes more wear? Is it leather or kydex or both? I understand some don't care, but I would prefer to keep it to a minimum on mine. Thanks for any advice!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My question is, what type of holster causes more wear? Is it leather or kydex or both? I understand some don't care, but I would prefer to keep it to a minimum on mine. Thanks for any advice!

Actually, I believe "wear" is caused more by the holster being loose rather than if it's leather or kydex. As in a loose fit so your gun rolls around in there all sloppy-like. A lot of folks may say leather is better; others swear by kydex. I have a bunch of both. I don't think Kydex itself is so bad as is the dirt and stuff that sticks to it when you holster and unholster your greasy pistol. If it's a carry gun, and you actually carry it, it will eventually see wear. So let's avoid the nervousness; just bring 'em over and we'll take them out in the garage and booger 'em up a bit with some an old screwdriver and so on. Then, after the tears, you won't give a crap and can get on with it.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dear Druryj, I will do this right after you do the same with your beloved CZ!! I know they will show wear, just would like to keep them new and shiny looking for as long as I can.

djones69

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just cinch up the waist band of my tightie whities around the gun and dont use a holster dont wanna mess up my guns finish. It's heck on the elastic in my drawers though

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dear Druryj, I will do this right after you do the same with your beloved CZ!! I know they will show wear, just would like to keep them new and shiny looking for as long as I can.

Oh no my dear fellow, by all means, be my guest and let us booger up your peestols first...and then we shall booger the CZ (NOT).:slap:

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
djones69 said:
I just cinch up the waist band of my tightie whities around the gun and dont use a holster dont wanna mess up my guns finish. It's heck on the elastic in my drawers though

What about when you wear your thong? ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom