How about a Oldies Rimfire photo/whatcha got thread? Here is one of mine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and the famous marlin 39 purchased from the original owner who bought it in 1967
[/QUOTE]

I like. I like very much. I like very, very much. I want it.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are some of my oldies but goodies that I would probably never part with, one inparticular is the Mossberg 152 not only did I learn to shoot with it but it was my grandad who bought it for my dad.. It has the least monetary value but one no amount of money could buy..

along with it is my Remington Model 12 Octagon barrel coming in at 103yrs old, in about 95% condition.
Marlin 881 bolt a simple tack driver
Ruger Mark II
S&W 17-3
I also have an old RG .22 that wasn't worth the photo opp.. its the same model President Reagan was shot with
20140808_143016.jpg

I have a few more modern .22's but at the moment this is my current collection that will unlikely change other than being added to, I just sold a Remington Model 12 round barrel here on the forum so I'm sure there will be a replacement Winchester gallery or something similar down the road..

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only "sorta" old rimfire I have is the rifle my dad gave me for Christmas when I was seven 1966 is a Remington 581LH. She's somewhat of a rare gun as only a little over 20,000 were made, and most of those were right handed. Just a little over 2,000 were made left handed. Alexander(Pharr shot) my son now has it.

Second from the left.
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_OrthodoxChristmas039.jpg

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
I have a Remington model 552 Speedmaster semi-auto that my dad bought me in 1974 from OTASCO in Chandler to replace the .22 I lost when our house burned. Sorry, no pictures yet as it's in pieces on my bench being cleaned and the stocks refinished. It was used when I got it and I never checked to see how old it was until I took it apart. It doesn't have a serial number so I knew it was made before 1968, but it has a "DD" date code. On looking up the codes I found Remington has use the "D" year code three times - 1935, 1957 and 1983. The other "D" means it was built in November. My rifle was built on November 1957 - the first year of production! It's actually 8 months older than ME!

Latest posts

Top Bottom