How to sell a silencer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, what is the procedure? He shows me the tax form and I give him the can and we shake hands?

No, you fill out a Form 4 to transfer the silencer from you to him. When the Form 4 is approved (about 5-6 months), it will come back to you. You then meet with him and give him the silencer and the Form 4. How you want to do the payment is up to the two of you.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, you fill out a Form 4 to transfer the silencer from you to him. When the Form 4 is approved (about 5-6 months), it will come back to you. You then meet with him and give him the silencer and the Form 4. How you want to do the payment is up to the two of you.

This. I've done two Form 4's myself. One was selling a MG in-state to another Oklahoma resident. The other was selling a SBS to an individual in another state and doing the Form 4 to his Class III dealer. That one just cleared last month as a matter of fact.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember all the things you had to do and go through when you got it in the first place?

2 Form 4's
2 Photographs (of the buyer) this time.
1 Citizenship form.
CLEO Signatures on the form 4's.
2 Fingerprint Cards
$200.00

Wait till they send YOU (the seller) an approved Form 4.
Then all you have to do is take the item to the buyer and give it and the form to him.

Or do the trust thing.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember all the things you had to do and go through when you got it in the first place?

2 Form 4's
2 Photographs (of the buyer) this time.
1 Citizenship form.
CLEO Signatures on the form 4's.
2 Fingerprint Cards
$200.00

Wait till they send YOU (the seller) an approved Form 4.
Then all you have to do is take the item to the buyer and give it and the form to him.

Or do the trust thing.

Very informative, for all practical purposes I become the Class III dealer for this transaction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom