Hug-a-Thug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminds me of Tulsa Chief Drew Diamond in the 90's saying there was no gang problem in Tulsa or those now denying an illegal immigration problem.

TLC For Criminals Will Bring “Racial Reconciliation”

"To create “racial reconciliation,” the city that protected an illegal immigrant child rapist who massacred three youths is offering its most violent criminals therapy, education and jobs in lieu of prison".

"Known as "hug-a-thug," the goal is to rehab vicious gangbangers with tender loving care rather than the harsh punishment that they probably deserve. The program has failed miserably in two cities—Stockton, California and Cincinnati—yet officials in Newark will launch it this month, according to a local newspaper report".

"Newark Police Director Garry McCarthy claims it’s the next step in the “evolution of policing” because its “proactive” instead of “reactive,” whatever that means. It will also establish much-needed “racial reconciliation” in New Jersey’s largest city, the police chief says. The mayor asserts that the initiative is a “powerful new policing approach” that will fight crime".

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2011/mar/tlc-criminals-will-bring-racial-reconciliation

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another bad approach. So what's next? Hug a rapist? Hug a serial killer? I say hug a whiteymacd, that'll make more of a change in society. Plus I'm cuter and a cuddler.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you. This is my 20th year working in state and federal prisons. It's always been hug-a-thug. Why do you think states and the feds have to come up with parole and good time schemes? It so that the thugs will behave. They have to be given positive incentives because prison guards can't beat their asses anymore when they need it without going to prison themselves.

wufee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you. This is my 20th year working in state and federal prisons. It's always been hug-a-thug. Why do you think states and the feds have to come up with parole and good time schemes? It so that the thugs will behave. They have to be given positive incentives because prison guards can't beat their asses anymore when they need it without going to prison themselves.

Showing some appropriate love probably involves a little more discretion.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I was stationed in the US Army at Ft Leavenworth Ks. in the 70's.
Home of the federal pen and the KS state pen for men at Lansing, and the womens prison there also.
I got to know lots of people that worked at the prisons, and they said the same thing you did.
They would have preferred to beat their a$$es, as they needed it, but had to keep them in the country club atmosphere. Guy that cuts up their family member and runs them through a disposal deserves to get their a$$ beat every day for the rest of their life in my opinion.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for the so called country club prisons, that was a fact as late as the early 1990s. Those kind of luxuries and amenities are for the most part a thing of the past. Prisons today are pretty spartan. The critical problem today is controlling inmate violence and maintaining inmate discipline. The hug-a-thugs and the courts have made it nearly impossible without schemes to release inmates early with the myriad of early release incentives provided for good behavior.

There was a time when inmates got the discipline they needed when they needed it. Today all they get are carrots. Sticks have become illegal. Now the only option for those who will never get out are tombs within dungeons, which cost big money to build and operate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom