Hug-a-Thug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Model 70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we could somehow get the ACLU to go away......................Oh well.
I've got it, remember the Alien movie where Sigourny Weaver is strapped into the loading dock robot? Those great big hydraulic powered arms could give a thug a final hug. End of problem.

In reality, why do judges sentence someone who is obviously a violent habitual criminal to life without parole? Come on now, That's what $40,000 or more per year for the rest of his life that the taxpayers have to bear. The inmate population could be thinned out a lot if the death sentence was an option under certain circumstances like multiple rape convictions, multiple assault and battery with intent, etc. We could probably save a billion a year. I guess I'm on the soap box tonight.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know. I'm pulling you leg. I'm there 5 days a week.

Are you at Leavenworth Fed Pen?
I forgot to mention the prison on Ft Leavenworth, that is a joint Navy and Army prison. All are very imposing, and have guided me on my life of clean living to this day.

I was rabbit hunting behind the military prison one day, and came upon multiple headstones in the brush. 20 something if I remember right. All had the same date of death. German POW's that rioted, and were summarily executed, and buried. Looked it up on the net before.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cross timbers is right. As time goes on, our penal institutions become more and more "offender" friendly. I say offender because we aren't allowed to call them inmates any longer. We, OK DOC, spent several hundred thousand dollars a few years ago changing all of our policy and procedure to reflect the change of that single word. And They wonder why I'm pissed about furloughing 8 hrs. a month...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cross timbers is right. As time goes on, our penal institutions become more and more "offender" friendly. I say offender because we aren't allowed to call them inmates any longer. We, OK DOC, spent several hundred thousand dollars a few years ago changing all of our policy and procedure to reflect the change of that single word. And They wonder why I'm pissed about furloughing 8 hrs. a month...

Saw a program on TV the other day about the Super Max prisons. I don't watch TV, but tuned in to see if they beat them before every meal, but found out they have workout facilities that no local business could afford to put in, nice libraries, etc.

Some were on life without parole. Why not beat them? They won't get out nor be rehabilitated

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only worked at a prison for a short time, but I've learned there are 2 types of prisoners. There are inmates and there are convicts.

Convicts understand what they did was wrong, and just want to bide time until they get out. Most of them are nice guys, and abide by the rules.

Inmates are just street thugs who continue their same games in a different environment, there is little we can do behaviorally to change them, because their issue comes from a psychological misunderstanding of basic social principles.

I'd rather watch 500 convicts than 5 inmates.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may not like them, but you really don't want them to go away. The rights they may protect next might be yours.

Yep. They may not protect all of the rights we care about, but they do some.

I just don't see what's cruel & unusual about being spanked when you need it. It's okay to spank kids, but woe unto you if you touch a precious thug in prison.

Latest posts

Top Bottom