I am looking for something that may or may not exist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am wanting to put together a 5.56 PDW. I need an upper that will fit a milspec AR lower that I have already registered. What I am looking for is 7-8 inch barreled upper, but is designed and has a collapsible two rail stock like an MP5. It would need to be a gas piston system to eliminate the buffer tube. I know there are uppers that use impingement systems but have a shortened tube to allow a collapsible stock, but am hoping to find a receiver that will meet my above specs. I do realize there would need to be some significant mods to a standard upper to accommodate the retracted rails so maybe that's why I have had no luck so far finding what I am looking for. A complete upper would be nice, but am willing to build it if I can find just the upper receiver and stock. Any help or guidance on this would be appreciated.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the SB Tactical AR brace is the closest to what youre talking about. IIRC the buffer tube is shorter than a pistol buffer tube

I dont know of any Piston gas systems for the AR that dont use a lower with a buffer tube or use a short carrier like the Sig Rattler or FN Scar

All in all, the Sig Rattler (or what ever the eff they call it) is pretty much what youre discribing

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Troy PDW collapsible stock with the 2 rails, it uses its own BCG. Not sure if they are still available anywhere, I was going to use it to convert my SBR to a PDW with my 8.2 Noveske barrel for 300BO.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3B3F4E4B-6419-4E54-A3E1-9759CE7B4137.jpeg