I got a new toy ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a PResto electric pressure canner. Grumpy can sit on the patio and watch the old pressure canner ... With the big batches in it -- tomato sauce, meats of all kinds, that stuff.

I'll hang out in the house and do the little batches -- blackberry and fig jam, all kinds of pickled stuff I want to last longer ...

First batch is gonna be pickled carrots, I think. I LOVE carrots pickled with just a touch of jalapeno and onion. 😍

Edit: ******* mother****ing pissy autocorrect 😡 😉😂

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was super excited to open this one, then kinda let down.

It's cool!! I wudda much rather had a new Class III toy but this is more practical. Besides, we are NOT playing around with the garden this year (and I'm trying a new planting plan) so I needed a way to do small batches. I hated burning up all that propane for the little batches I want to make to test some recipes. This thing is PERFECT!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I had a kitchen with a window so I could can some Sweet & Hot jalapenos but I learned a long time ago not to can jalapenos without very good ventilation. I use to put up several dozen quart jars on that and so called Mexican relish. (peppers, onions, carrots) Add 1/4 cup honey for every cup of vinegar really makes the flavors pop.

Last edited:

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I wish I had a kitchen with a window so I could can some Sweet & Hot jalapenos but I learned a long time ago not can jalapenos without very good ventilation. I use to put up several dozen quart jars on that and so called Mexican relish. (peppers, onions, carrots) Add 1/4 cup honey for every cup of vinegar really makes the flavors pop.
I had a neighbor that tried processing horseradish in his house…he found out real fast that it’s natures tear-gas.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a PResto electric pressure canner. Grumpy can sit on the patio and watch the old pressure canner ... With the big batches in it -- tomato sauce, meats of all kinds, that stuff.

I'll hang out in the house and do the little batches -- blackberry and fig jam, all kinds of pickled stuff I want to last longer ...

First batch is gonna be pickled carrots, I think. I LOVE carrots pickled with just a touch of jalapeno and onion. 😍

Edit: ******* mother****ing pissy autocorrect 😡 😉😂
Plum butter, apple butter, pumpkin butter… cough, cough ;)

I’d get myself in trouble with one of those things. I’ll be interested to hear your experiments and results.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a neighbor that tried processing horseradish in his house…he found out real fast that it’s natures tear-gas.
I could have been that neighbor? First time to process horseradish, I peeled, sliced thin and put into a food processor with some salt, vinegar and water.
When pulling off the lid to get a sniff while still running, my world went grey and started spinning. Found myself on the knees in the back yard gasping for breath thinking this was the end! (Actually, not quite that bad) but it makes for a good story. :D
Process outside or wait quite a while for the fumes to settle before removing the lid from the food processor. It will take your breath away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom