I have a confession… not proud to admit it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I absolutely love my Arminius HW 357.
Guess what it has that my S&W 629 Stainless Talo 7 shot 357 magnum and Ruger Super Blackhawk 45 Colt don't have.
You will never guess.

All the same size holes in the cylinder.
And it has a barrel that is not pinched smaller inside where the barrel enters the frame.
F S&W and F Ruger.
Living on a name.
I have not measured or slugged a Taurus so No comment on those.
I think it looks nice.

I would like to give the newer Target Trophy Combat Arminius a try.
View attachment 386519
Ok, why do 90+ % of competition shooters shooting revolvers choose S&W?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
20210815_162050 (2).jpg

Cause they spend a lot of time worrying what other people think about what they choose to use???? And lord knows that SW never put out a Sigma... I mean Dud!! Ok now bring on the brow beating , I can take it LOL. 🤣 And by the way , I was gonna post a pic of "my" Chief Special. But my wife told me to take a hike , I cannot steal it back!! Mean old broad!! :cool:

Last edited:

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 386626

Cause they spend a lot of time worrying what other people think about what the choose to use???? And lord knows that SW never put out a Sigma... I mean Dud!! Ok now bring on the brow beating , I can take it LOL. 🤣 And by the way , I was gonna post a pic of "my" Chief Special. But my wife told me to take a hike , I cannot steal it back!! Mean old broad!! :cool:
At least one of you knows a good thing.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because they have been accurized and there are many upgrades for them vs a Germany made gun that you can't get here very easily and can't get parts shipped here from Germany either.

Maybe all 4 of my Ruger weapons were just lemons.
I wanted my S&W to be the bees knees but it was also sent out of the factory with bad machining like the Ruger.

I suppose that is why there are so many gun smiths to fix all this (Supposed to be better USA) junk.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
At least one of you knows a good thing.
Got my Chief from Zipty6 and it is a great piece.. But I cannot carry it to work... construction. Sweat, dirt and rough handling is something the Taurus can handle without trashing a great revo. Trash it , I get another... Trash the 36 and regret it forever... Now I just gotta find another 36 for weekend carry.... mean old broad!! :cool:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because they have been accurized and there are many upgrades for them vs a Germany made gun that you can't get here very easily and can't get parts shipped here from Germany either.

I wanted my S&W to be the bees knees but it was also sent out of the factory with bad machining like the Ruger.

I suppose that is why there are so many gun smiths to fix all this (Supposed to be better USA) junk.
I’ve never had a “bad” Ruger or Smith, but I’m never going to argue against German craftsmanship when it come to firearms. :thumb:

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Very true about the up grades and Germany does build some great guns. The Smiths that I use shooting competition were from the performance center and all I did was lighten the trigger. They were super accurate right out of the box. The older ones I carried on duty were very well built also, I never had a bad one. What model did you have with bad machine marks?

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve never had a “bad” Ruger or Smith, but I’m never going to argue against German craftsmanship when it come to firearms. :thumb:
There was some bad ones came out of Germany, RG and Recks were 2 of them. As for the Sigma that was a very bad mistake on their part. Kind of like a pinto.

Latest posts

Top Bottom