• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City I need a good 390

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I do not have any 390 Fords.
But I have stuck a 200" Ford inline 6 and C4 into a 1956 Belair.
Yes it was my car and only took 2 days for the swap, 21 MPG when finished.

I care less what gets you down the road as long as you like it and it does not stay mothballed.

Cars need driven.

I assume the block is broken and that is why you need another engine.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Upon my recollection, back in the day of the Darryl Starbird car shows, you often seen the Chevy drive train in Fords, but never vise -versa. The only thing kept was the rearend ( posi over limited slip ). I believe that was due to the old 327 & 350 dependability, longevity and ability to be hopped up cheaper with more available parts than the 'Found On Road Dead' alternate. As always, just in good fun - Chevy>ford.

VarmintHunter59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always been a Ford man personally, but nothing Ford interchanges. I don't think putting a 351-400 in a 390 will be an easy task as everything connected is different also. If I recall correctly. Too much blunt head trauma to recall properly. I did contact a place somewhere in Alabama that had a 390 long block for $1100. I randomly did a search and located them and requested a peice for a long block 390 coincidentally.

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   1
I've always been a Ford man personally, but nothing Ford interchanges. I don't think putting a 351-400 in a 390 will be an easy task as everything connected is different also. If I recall correctly. Too much blunt head trauma to recall properly. I did contact a place somewhere in Alabama that had a 390 long block for $1100. I randomly did a search and located them and requested a peice for a long block 390 coincidentally.
Not sure your budget or how much engine your wanting but I also have a 427 Windsor I might part with. Engine has 5 passes since built, got a smoking deal on a 557 BBF and only have one Ford so it’s been in the shop since.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure your budget or how much engine your wanting but I also have a 427 Windsor I might part with. Engine has 5 passes since built, got a smoking deal on a 557 BBF and only have one Ford so it’s been in the shop since.
427 Windsor uses a 351 Windsor Block if I'm not mistaken! Awesome engine BTW. Looks like a 302 from the outside as well and lighter than a 390 FE.

Latest posts

Top Bottom