I researched, just need verification

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going through KS to CO and will be carrying. Except for specifically stated areas I cannot carry(schools, courts, etc) I am good to carry in both states correct? I plan on keeping it on my person at all times except if I cant take it in somewhere then it will be in the vehicle...

After reading the CC info from both states, I understand my intentions to be legal. Anyone have a differing opinion?

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going through KS to CO and will be carrying.

. . .

After reading the CC info from both states, I understand my intentions to be legal. Anyone have a differing opinion?

Very important to read the conceal carry statutes, much preferably from the official websites of the states involved. A little research can avoid a lot of trouble. I also assume you will be carrying through the mentioned states on an OK SDA permit.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure you understand the CCW laws in the states you are traveling through as you will be held to their standards while in them. Kansas has gunbuster signs look just like the ones people post in OK, If there is a gunbuster sign in Kansas do not pass through the doors, unlike OK where it is relatively minor it is a felony in kansas.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the non-resident question: it sounds like Kansas may be OK now, but Colorado is definitely not. If you have an OK CCW, you should generally be good in both states, but read their regs for details.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the responses, I have read both states regulations and understand the differences between them and here and it sounds like I'll be A-OK for my trip. BTW, guess I should have clarified that I do have a regular OK permit

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be sure you understand the CCW laws in the states you are traveling through as you will be held to their standards while in them. Kansas has gunbuster signs look just like the ones people post in OK, If there is a gunbuster sign in Kansas do not pass through the doors, unlike OK where it is relatively minor it is a felony in kansas.

Actually it is a misdemeanor. It is still a definite no-no, however.

Latest posts

Top Bottom