I think I'm all set for CCW...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, darn, I think my buy/sell/trade/days are pretty much at a standstill for now, at least as far as settling on handguns I actually carry. It boils down to a 5-gun choice: Glock 36, Glock 19, Kahr CW9, S&W 642, or Ruger LCP. I have a few other guns in the safe just for shooting and so on, and one sweet old PPK/S just cause it's a PPK/S; but for me, I honestly haven't found a better selection or set of choices for actual day-to-day carry and self-defense purposes than the above set of 5. I can handle and shoot each of them well; have good holsters for each; good belts; good ammo for each; and I can carry one or the other (or maybe 2?) in any mode of dress ('cept buck-naked).

I think my 5-gun set is the right one for me.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good choices all around. I had a G36 and ended up trading it. I also have a G19 and both being almost the same size, I let the .45 go in favor of the extra rounds the 19 has. I also had a CW9 at one point, and found it to be a great concealed carry gun, nut as it was my "wife's" gun and she wanted one with a lazer, I ended up trading it against a S&W BG 380 for her. I had two model 60's in the past but they just didn't cut it for me, and never have liked Ruger autos. But I have heard good things about the LCP. Again, good choices. Practice and enjoy.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, darn, I think my buy/sell/trade/days are pretty much at a standstill for now, at least as far as settling on handguns I actually carry. It boils down to a 5-gun choice: Glock 36, Glock 19, Kahr CW9, S&W 642, or Ruger LCP. I have a few other guns in the safe just for shooting and so on, and one sweet old PPK/S just cause it's a PPK/S; but for me, I honestly haven't found a better selection or set of choices for actual day-to-day carry and self-defense purposes than the above set of 5. I can handle and shoot each of them well; have good holsters for each; good belts; good ammo for each; and I can carry one or the other (or maybe 2?) in any mode of dress ('cept buck-naked).

I think my 5-gun set is the right one for me.

Hello !!!! We have a winner !!! You have made the best choice for you. Good job.

I went thru this as well. I ended up getting rid of my LCR snubby and an XD-40. I love my Springfield Champion 1911 and carry it when I can but there is no doubt for me that I can carry every day my Sig P238 .380. I shoot it very well and it fits in my pocket, OWB, IWB, cargo pant leg pocket, in the little console slot in my truck,.... hell it fits anywhere. So I feel lucky when I wear clothes that allow me to carry my 1911,... but I am never without because of my P238.

Bottom line,.... (I'm speaking to the people reading this post,.. not the OP) Carry what you can shoot well and are confident in carrying. Don't change your entire wardrobe just so you can justify carrying the gun you 'wish' you could carry. I am always quizzing my 2 best friends and my wife if they can tell if I am carrying and if they can spot it. I'm always carrying it so they win that one but they can rarely tell where it is on my person.

Way to go druryj !!!

Carl

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I was a well set as the OP right now my everyday carry is a kel-tec p-11 I can shoot it decent but when I get rich I'm gonna get me a SA EMP. Now if I could just conceal my RIA 1911 everyday I'd be happy. I can shoot almost without the sights inside 10 yds or so

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am still waiting on my license to come back from the OSBI. I can't decide if I will carry my g21 or my wife pk380.

Give that lil ol Glock 21 a try...and see what ya think. I could CCW one if wearing a heavy coat as a cover garment maybe (and could stand to lug that beast around all day) but it sure wouldn't work for me under a T-shirt!

Latest posts

Top Bottom