I usually don't brag on myself, but.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got any close ups? Did you display by model number? Consecutive dates of manufacture origin? One of each and every model and variation?
Inquiring minds...
Display was by model number including special features. I had several models with different variations. I had three of the four Mountain Guns, all pre lock.
I had nine variations of the 686's, four variations of the 66's, four different 617's, six variations of the 625's, five different 629's and the rest was random stuff that just kind of fit it. Smith made so many models and variations it would be REAL expensive to complete that collection.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dahell is that big SOB top right? A 50 cal long Colt?
No. 500 X-Frame, another member has agreed to buy it a soon as I get over COVID. Here is a pic of me shooting it with 700 gr Underwoods. Hurt like hell!

Attachments

• DAVE-500 FLASH.jpg
    DAVE-500 FLASH.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 41

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got any close ups? Did you display by model number? Consecutive dates of manufacture origin? One of each and every model and variation?
Inquiring minds...
Here's the only close ups I took for a Trooper buddy of mine. The 686 Dan Combs is the Holy Grail of Oklahoma guns.

Attachments

• 65463573848__FECA4652-285F-430B-B613-1838E09BF504.JPG
    65463573848__FECA4652-285F-430B-B613-1838E09BF504.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 42

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I set up in Tulsa last month at the Smith and Wesson Collectors Association Annual Symposium. My display won a national award in the Novice category, which is the award for someone who has never set up a display. I'm still somewhat overwhelmed. Kinda like the Super Bowl of Smith and Wesson and the likes of Brett Farve, Payton Manning, etc were there and I won rookie of the year. Jim Supica and Richard Nahas were there for those of you familiar with them. I had them sign my book. In the near future, I will be selling almost everything that was on display. Stay tuned.
I set up in Tulsa last month at the Smith and Wesson Collectors Association Annual Symposium. My display won a national award in the Novice category, which is the award for someone who has never set up a display. I'm still somewhat overwhelmed. Kinda like the Super Bowl of Smith and Wesson and the likes of Brett Farve, Payton Manning, etc were there and I won rookie of the year. Jim Supica and Richard Nahas were there for those of you familiar with them. I had them sign my book. In the near future, I will be selling almost everything that was on display. Stay tuned.
Excellent presentation!! Congratulations!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WTG David-> That is a Very Impressive display:woohoo1: & I would expect nothing less from you.

We have a new resident in Tonkawa- You two need to meet...

Hey, all OKShooters Members _-> David is a GREAT Gunsmith- you will never find better-> Contact him if you want the best & most Expert Service in the state. PLUS -> He is a really great guy as well...
First of all, congrats Dave!

Who would that new resident be sturgisrun?

Latest posts

Top Bottom