Identify this tool....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gawd dammit -I done told you what it is. Go and ask a rancher or oldfarmer to show you his t-post clip tool. Stop makin this dumb sheet out to be rocket science!

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gawd dammit -I done told you what it is. Go and ask a rancher or oldfarmer to show you his t-post clip tool. Stop makin this dumb sheet out to be rocket science!
I don't think so. The style of box they came in, coupled with the style of the stock number, certainly looks like a product made for a government contract and issued to the military. Makes sense, too, that 25 boxes of these things might show up at a surplus goods auction on Ft. Sill.
Is it magnetic?
No, its not magnetic.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a government form with mention of the part number but no reference to what it does. I looks to be a tool to turn/tighten some tensioned assembly.
Okay, thanks. Based on your post, I did some web browsing and discovered that the stock number 5345-00-NSL-001 is indeed a National Stock Number. The first two numbers (53) identify the Federal Supply Group, the next two (45) identify the Federal Supply Class, the next two (00) are the National Codification Bureau Code, the next three (NSL) are the National Item Identification Number, and the last four (0001) are the item number. In this case, the National Item ID number--NSL--means "Nonstockage List". It is, apparently, a government issued tool. So far, Cow Exploder's idea that it is for military tent repair seems to be the best explaination of what the doggone thing is/does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom