IDPA at USSA 6/9/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i truely post as soon as i get the email. Jay

My apologies but our home Yahoo/AT&T e-mail is being annoying and refuses to send this to the 100+ e-mail listees I have for IDPA. For those of you showing and admitting to your age there was a movie from 1988 called "Young Einstein" that had an Australian actor named Yahoo Serious. The way I feel right now about that sbcglobal/Yahoo/AT&T based e-mail account is more like "Seriously Yahoo???"

We are having a match this Saturday. Sign in at 9 and we'll start sending squads out by 9:30 or so. 6 Stages and bring between 100-150 rounds. Anyone needs a classifier let me know at my work e-mail [email protected] but remember the classifier needs 90 rounds on top of your match ammo!

And if you don't have life after work on Friday, Darrell and I typically get to the range just after 4:00 to set up the stages for Saturday. Us indentured servants always love company!

Some have you have asked about a possible earlier start time. For now we are living under USSA rules and they "officially" open at 9. Many of their employees don't get there to open the range until around 8:30. If they change to any type of earlier summer hours than we may roll to an earlier time, but for now it is what it is.

Also - Know of any juniors who'd like to try their hand at IDPA but a center fire pistol is not in their safe gun handling capabilities yet? Or for the parents the ammo and related shooting expenses may be keeping them away? Darrell and I are going to start allowing juniors (only) to shoot 22s. They can start from a low ready position also as there are not a lot of holsters out there in holster land for many of the 22 models and they can keep magazines in back pocket if nothing else. Under 16 please for juniors in this special 22 category. And we will ensure that any target activators have a backup "manual" override if the 22 doesn't knock the activator down. We'll see how this works out as a pilot program for now.

Hope to see you at the range on Saturday!

Peter Navesky
USSA IDPA Co-Chairman
918-669-7327
[email protected]

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be there with my son. He is 13 and likes to shoot. He has done a steel challenge match and a couple of the Oil Capital rifle matches, but does not have the holster and mag pouches for IDPA. He is a lefty so can't use mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom