Idpa @ ussa 5-14-2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To those of you who've expressed an interest in Defensive Multi Gun, the schedule didn't work out for me to do it this month (I'll be in Berryville shooting AR State). I don't have any scheduling conflicts for the June 11th match, so hopefully we'll be able to do it then.

HKP7M13

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jerry can you tell us more about the format for Defensive Multi gun. Number of stages, guns, calibers used ect.
Thanks!!
John

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jerry can you tell us more about the format for Defensive Multi gun. Number of stages, guns, calibers used ect.
Thanks!!
John

The format will be a regular pistol match in the AM (probably with an 8:30-9:30 start time). Those that choose to shoot DMG will form new squads once they complete the pistol match. The DMG event will be a combination of limited pistol use in conjunction with either rifle or shotgun. The pistol stages will be reused, with different start positions and procedures for the long gun engagements. I'll probably post a poll a couple of weeks before the match to see whether shooters would prefer to do shotgun or rifle for the first one. We'll probably use 5 stages for DMG just to make sure we're not there till dark (shooting for no later than 4:30 PM). I'd say no more than 50 rounds if shotgun, or 75 if rifle, plus 20-30 pistol. The rules will basically be regular IDPA. For equipment/division rules, see the IDPA website DMG section: http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPA_DMG_rules_07062010.pdf

Latest posts

Top Bottom