If you are interested in buying an AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mmm, i was under the impression that they would not sell with a delay. a guy at work got a delay and they gave him some paperwork for an "extended" background check. there was fee associated with it like an additional $35 IIRC. he has not been back to academy since.

They will not sell if they do not get a proceed. You can get delayed at Academy and if NICS calls back and gives them the proceed they will do the transfer. But if NICS does not call Academy back with a proceed or if they miss the phone call because they are too busy they won't do the wait 3 full business days and transfer at their discretion. That's why I prefer a local FFL that knows me and that I have done business with.

90% of the time NICS never bothers to call back on me so it's usually wait 3 business days then the FFL does the transfer. Back in September I bought a Seekins precision lower and about had a heart attack when they gave me a proceed right on the spot I was fully expecting to just go back to RD and on Friday and pick it up.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy isn't calling them in anymore they are doing them online via the computer so from I understand you don't have to worry about them missing a call. They will not release the firearm without a proceed though, regardless of wait.

vicsinner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you work in the healthcare field, former military, similar name to someone else, any number of things. Most dealers do the phone thing still, doing the NICS online they have to put the weapon info in before entering your info. Phone call they don't care what your buying other than handgun rifle shotgun. At least this is what I'm told by my local dealer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom