If You Could Only Have 3 Guns...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really. He asked what 3 would you have and that is what most folks are listing. What I don't understand is why folks don't have the guns they are listing if they are available. If you truly want the 3 you are listing, get them.

"If you could only have three". If I were limited to three my choices would have been different. I would have chosen the ones on my list. Mine had four anyway. I could do with three of the ones I have.

They are on my list of "what gun I want to buy next".

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The three gun limit would change based on mission requirements. End of the world? Current situation? Zombies?

Mine would go like this for now:
Pistol with multi-cal capability - like Glock 22 or 31 or Sig 229/226: .40/.357sig, 9mm, .22 (with different uppers)
Rifle with multi-cal capability - AR-15: .458socom, .50beowulf on large, 6.5/6.8 mid, 5.56 standard, or .22 uppers
Reliable 12ga Semiauto

And of course, suppressors for all. Actually, you could do with three, two in a pinch. .45 pistol, .30 rifle, .22 rimfire.

I have a Glock 19, and Sig 228. So I lose the .40/.357 capability which could be nice for ammo use in emergency situations. Have a couple ARs right now. I don't have .22 conversions for those yet. Working on that. I had a semi-auto 12ga, but I sold it to move to a more versatile platform. Hoping to get that this year.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figured you would have chosen a fazer for one. What gives?

Because phasers are non lethal.

hight3ch.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_phaser.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rubber band gun,

Laser gun,

Shrink ray

I chose the rubber band gun for practice, so as not to waste ammo in the laser gun, although it has been my experience in the field that it is pretty handy for those pesky flies. Obviously, the laser gun takes care of everything I need it to. The shrink ray is just for fun. I have always wanted one. Maybe someday, if the prices ever get realistic.

Shrink ray is not as fun without the rebigulator.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.22 bolt action rifle with about a ton of ammo

12 ga pump--old 870 or similar with MEC Sizemaster reloader and components

Ruger Mini-14 with a bunch of components and a single stage reloader

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger security six 4"
Ruger 77/22Rem 870

Presuming you have one of these, how is the trigger? Mine was utterly horrible, but there is an aftermarkert sear and spring combination that turned the trigger into a very nice one.

Can't remember the brand, but it was about 30 bucks several years ago. My original sear was very rough--actually had a high spot that was the only contact point, and the original spring was like a bedspring compared to the replacement.

It's a fifteen minute job for the mechanically challenged, and faster than that if you know your way around guns just a little. This is similar, but not the one I got. Will probably work as well if you need it. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/15...er-77-22-77-44-77-50-1-1-2-lb-stainless-steel

I do like my 77/22. I can hit a dime at 50 yards if the wind will leave me alone and I have something to steady the gun. Too bad I don't squirrel hunt any more.

But, as a SHTF gun, I think it would be fine. Autos tend to lead to ammo waste, and bolt guns are inherently more reliable, especially in situations where there is a lot of dirt and few opportunities for cleaning.

I chose the Mini-14 because of its reliability and its use of the very common .223/5.56 round, and the 870 for close up reliability. A Smith 1000 would be another good choice there if you could find one.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Springfield 1911 TRP
Larue tOBR 5.56
Remington 1187

I want more slots for a .22 rifle and pistol! I love my S&W 15-22 and 22/45 :pissed:

Maybe one of those $22,000 sniper riflers that do all the work for you.
www.shockmansion.com_wp_content_myimages_2013_09_Gun_2.jpg

www.shockmansion.com_wp_content_myimages_2013_09_Gun_1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom