If you looking for WSP Primers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I already ran though the 1000 I got from Firing Pin. I had to get another k at H&H in a pinch. Don't you also have to pay the extra $20 haz-mat if you order them from Midway et al?

Any mail order for primers and/or powder will have the $22.50 haz-mat fee plus normal ground shipping. It went up from $20.

If you are going to mail order, get the order quantity up to spread the shipping and haz-mat costs. 1 pound or 50 pounds has the same haz-mat charge. Except from Midway, order some powder as well to further spread the shipping costs. Group buys can be your friend for orders like this.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I already ran though the 1000 I got from Firing Pin. I had to get another k at H&H in a pinch. Don't you also have to pay the extra $20 haz-mat if you order them from Midway et al?

Yes, same with their powder. The only time I would buy powder and primers from Midway is when I can max out the maximum lbs allowed to be shipped. That way the hazmat fee replaces your "free" shipping.

[ edit ] Just looked again, their shipping is a flat rate 9.99

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, same with their powder. The only time I would buy powder and primers from Midway is when I can max out the maximum lbs allowed to be shipped. That way the hazmat fee replaces your "free" shipping.

[ edit ] Just looked again, their shipping is a flat rate 9.99

Be careful with Midway. Unless they've changed recently, powder and primers come from 2 separate places and you'll get 2 haz-mat charges plus 2 shipping charges by ordering both powder and primers. You pay a separate haz-mat charge for each box shipped.

Midway is the only one that does this AFAIK. That is because they have other suppliers fill the orders for them. Powder Valley shipped their powder and I'm not sure who shipped their primers. Most places stock both and can put them in the same package for shipment.

In the past, Powder Valley has been a much better source for powder and/or primer orders. That was when finding stock wasn't an issue. Now, just look at all the options carefully.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Actually I don't think they can ship powder and primers in the same shipment, which I why you have to pay it twice.
I got the email from Midway and asked my buddy how many he wanted, by the time I change the quantity, they were out. Crazy if you only want to top off with a few thousand. I just spend the extra 6 bucks a thousand and get them locally.

M

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have sworn that Powder Valley would ship powder and primers together. But I've never got to order from them because they've not had any stock since like forever.

Yep. Just checked. From Powder Valley's front page:

[FONT=Arial, helvetica]"WE CAN COMBINE UP TO 48 LBS. OF POWDER AND PRIMERS UNDER ONE HAZMAT TO SAVE YOU MONEY. IF SENDING FUNDS IN ADVANCE, PLEASE CALL FOR ASSISTANCE IN CALCULATING YOUR AMOUNT."[/FONT]

+1 on large orders. Awhile back I lucked out and got 10K Wolf SR mag primers from Widener's. Thanks to the OSA member that posted that up! :thumbup3:

And my last powder order was 28lbs so the hazmat was minimal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom