If you've got any bad AR habbits...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Magpul Dynamics - Art of Tactical Carbine I and II will damn sure show them to you :D

Sitting here watching my birthday present and I've apparently picked up a few bad habits doing things on my own and practicing them (training scars I guess they're called).

I've also figured out that I very much want a Magpul BAD just from watching Chris do the double-feed, speed reload, and tactical reload drills via standard ping-pong vs Travis' use of the BAD lever.

This video is pretty awesome.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Magpul Dynamics - Art of Tactical Carbine I and II will damn sure show them to you :D

Sitting here watching my birthday present and I've apparently picked up a few bad habits doing things on my own and practicing them (training scars I guess they're called).

I've also figured out that I very much want a Magpul BAD just from watching Chris do the double-feed, speed reload, and tactical reload drills via standard ping-pong vs Travis' use of the BAD lever.

This video is pretty awesome.

Takes 3 steps out and about that many seconds.... Is this it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moas5mUD9yA

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Takes 3 steps out and about that many seconds.... Is this it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moas5mUD9yA

That's a couple of the many spots you see him just blazing through the same drills that Chris is taking about 2-3 seconds longer (and Chris is well faster than I will ever be).

Travis is the CEO of Magpul Corp - I had no idea, but it makes that company that much more bad-ass.

This entire video is so friggin valuable if for nothing more than just the little things it teaches you about stuff that you already know (but could improve).

Not to mention the stuff I've never trained on or even thought about, but now I can go over it when I'm at the range (I'm excited about going to the range with the AR now).

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thing I've noticed is that a lot of the folks in these classes take their hand almost completely off the grip to engage/disengage the safety) and it looks like Chris has an Ambi-safety and uses his trigger finger to disengage it and his thumb to engage it (although its not really clear from most of the views of him doing this since he's friggin lightning fast).

That's one thing that I suck at and that's engaging the safety (disengaging is fine, but re-engaging, more often than not, I catch myself fumbling or having to turn the weapon on its side to reach my short stubby thumbs over to engage the safety lever).

I've even got the smallest back-strap on my Miad and I still have this issue, so the Ambi Safety is starting to look like a possible time-saver.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could have trained with them in person a few months ago...

Yeah I know - but as much as that sucks, I've still got the folks at USAA, or TDSA at my disposal (living near Tulsa), so I'm not too worried about getting some in-person training.

Marshal and some goober who ran the entire course with just irons and kicked ass are probably more than enough training for me :D

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Another thing I've noticed is that a lot of the folks in these classes take their hand almost completely off the grip to engage/disengage the safety) and it looks like Chris has an Ambi-safety and uses his trigger finger to disengage it and his thumb to engage it (although its not really clear from most of the views of him doing this since he's friggin lightning fast).

That's one thing that I suck at and that's engaging the safety (disengaging is fine, but re-engaging, more often than not, I catch myself fumbling or having to turn the weapon on its side to reach my short stubby thumbs over to engage the safety lever).

I've even got the smallest back-strap on my Miad and I still have this issue, so the Ambi Safety is starting to look like a possible time-saver.

And to think I had to do all that lefthanded. I learned real quick to use my trigger finger to operate the safety. If you were to give me one setup for a lefty now, I'd probably shot myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom