"I'm not Dead! I'm not Dead! - Motorcyclist survives death wobble.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For all you guys that have had this head shake on a motorcycle I will say this.

Get your rear tire computer balanced.
Most think it is in the front end and add fork brace or damper etc.

I fought this head shake as did a friend of mine and of course I needed to replace my rear tire.
I did and the head shake went away 100% and I had that tire computer balanced at Ajax.

This guy was lucky, but I bet 100% that he knew that motorcycle had that issue and it got too far away from him that time.

You do a few more donuts and make it worse and then pull this high speed "trick" and it could be the end of you.

My friend took the rear tire off his bike the day I told him I had the head shake fixed and had his balanced at the same place and no more head shake.
We spent many hours trying to fix it.
I could let go of my handlebars at 167 MPH and the bike never shook from that speed until I was at a crawl.
That was as fast as I could get my bike to go but it only took 3/4 mile to get there.
My Nova would out run it. 176 MPH in 3/4 of a mile and no head shake in the Nova either :)

Do it.

Nice vid @Snattlerake

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen that before - it's amazing he didn't get demolished.

I've also seen videos explaining the death wobble can come from a bike overloaded to the rear; guys will pack a lot of stuff in bags, resulting in a light front and the wobble. They said leaning forward over the tank and shifting your weight to closer to the forks can help get you out of it. That guy's was extreme.

Latest posts

Top Bottom