Inexpensive reddot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93turbohatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so I spent several weeks doing research on different reddot. I was looking for a inexpensive redot scope and came across the vortex strikefire for 149.00 shipped. I took it out today to try it out, and is well worth the money.Anyone looking for an inexpensive reddot scope I recommend this one.Heres a list of features and comes with a lifetime warranty and offers many other options that other reddots don't offer for a fraction of the price.

Construction Features
30 mm Tube Allows greater windage and elevation adjustment travel along with greater strength compared to the one-inch tube.
Low Ring Height Puts scope's bore center 21 mm (0.8 inches) above the base height. Commonly used for mounting with most rifles, shotguns, and handguns. Mounting ring fits Weaver or Picatinny style base.
One-Piece Tube Maximizes strength and waterproofness.
High Recoil Caliber Rating Tested with .375 H&H Magnum for 1000 rounds.
Red/Green light Switch Allows switching between red and green dot for optimum contrast with surroundings.
Adjustable Dot Intensity Allows adjusting of the dot intensity according to viewing conditions.
Unlimited Eye Relief Non-critical eye relief provides maximum mounting options.
Parallax Free Allows for rapid shooting with both eyes open, without concern for parallax shooting error. Parallax free beyond 50 yards; minimal parallax error closer than 50 yards.
2x Doubler Screw-in doubler provides extra magnification for longer distance shooting.
Battery Life 6-hour auto-shutdown feature maximizes battery life. Typical battery life in normal mode of operation: Maximum brightness of 120 hours (Red)/530 hours (Green), Minimum brightness of 4300 hours (Red)/3700 hours (Green). Typical battery life in night vision mode: Maximum brightness of 4700 hours (Red)/6200 hours (Green), Minimum brightness of 6700 hours (Red)/7300 hours (Green).
Waterproof Optics are sealed with O-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the binocular.
Fogproof Barrels are filled with nitrogen gas to inhibit internal fogging.
Operating Temperature Rated from -40 degrees to +140 degrees Fahrenheit.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how good they are, I went through lot lot of inexpensive RDS before, they were good at first and then........ you know the rest. I'm not try to start anything, it has some good reviews but not lot of review out there yet. Only time can tell. I remember I went through 8 RDS in one year and I found myself retarded. BSA, Truglo, Bushnell, Sightmark I used them all. I'm waiting for couple more months and if the Vortex have good review, I probably buy one and mount it on a 17HMR rifle for my nephew.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont buy a bunch of cheap ones that will never satisfy you. Buy an Aimpoint and never look back. They do cost more, but they are worth it. I went thru about 300 bucks in cheap crap before I finally bought my first aimpoint.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does the dot look. I have read reviews where the dot was a too light to be seen in the middle of the day. How is the 2x magnifier..How about a full range report/review. I am considering this along with others in this price range.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been happy with my Primary Arms MR... At a hundred bucks for a decent (not aimpoint quality, but not airsoft crap) RD it aint bad.

Yeah I was leaning towards this but it has been out of stock since before christmas and it doesnt look like they are gonna have any new ones any time soon.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont buy a bunch of cheap ones that will never satisfy you. Buy an Aimpoint and never look back. They do cost more, but they are worth it. I went thru about 300 bucks in cheap crap before I finally bought my first aimpoint.

Same here, after I bought an Eotech 512 and CompML3 I never look back. I'll start my nephew out with a cheap RDS on his 17HMR I bought him. It doesn't have a lot of recoil so BSA or Simon scopes will do just fine.

93turbohatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does the dot look. I have read reviews where the dot was a too light to be seen in the middle of the day. How is the 2x magnifier..How about a full range report/review. I am considering this along with others in this price range.

The dot can be adjusted to darker or lighter. The magnifier is awesome. My ar is down right now, due to some technical difficulties, but I plan on taking it to an outdoor range. i will let everyone know how it does. Very easy to sight in also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom