Info for new firearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rammulek

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been kicking around the idea of getting something new and i've narrowed down my selections. I'd love to hear opinions, pros/cons, etc.... on them. Also, I'm open to looking at different models too, not just specifically what I list.

So here's my current list of possibilities:
Springfield Prodigy (reviews seem to be all over about this one)
Staccato P (known quality and reputation)
Stealth Arms Platypus (Uses Glock mags! Good reviews)
Oracle Arms 2311 (Uses Sig P320 mags, can share with my x5 legion)
Dan Wesson DWX (cz clone)
Tanfoglio Limited Master Xtreme (Don't know too much about it yet)
CZ TS2 Orange

Last edited:

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I'll let you know how I feel about a few of the ones that I have tried.
Prodigy VS. Stacato: In a nutshell, you get what you pay for. If all you can afford is the Prodigy, then go for it, it will work well. That said, it's not as refined as the Stacato and you can feel the difference in handling them and shooting.

The Tanfoglio Limited Master Extreme I have not had any experience with, but have had and do have other Tanfos, and have nothing but good things to say about them. I expect nothing but the same out of this one. The Tanfos are a clone of the CZ design, but run slightly larger and fit my hands better than the CZ.

Likewise the CZ TS2 Orange, no direct experience with it, but I had the SP 01 Accu Shadow,, and the Shadow 2 and absolutely loved them. I believe the TS2 to be very similar, but sao? Can't go wrong with any of the Shadows really.

DWX? I love the concept as it merges my two favorite designs of the 1911 with the CZ (Obviously heavy on the CZ side.) If you get it I would love a range report!

Tailgate

Marksman
Reaction score
Man, that selection is sort of all over the place. My first question is, what is your shooting experience and what are you using it for? For plinking at the range, versus matches, versus daily carry...it's all different. Personally, I would pick a solid carry / practical match (like IDPA) gun like a Springfield 1911 or a Glock 17/34/19 and just put 20k-30k of rounds down it.

Not saying this is YOUR case...but I hate it when people say "Doesn't this gun look really bad@$s???" I always respond, "No, forget the gun...make YOURSELF the bad@$s!!!" If this isn't the case and you are simply looking to spend money, probably the Staccato. But frankly, I really didn't like them as much as a standard or double stack 1911...the composite double-stack frame just didn't feel right, the checkering was too aggressive, etc. Then you have to deal with periodically fixing your 2011 mags when they get slightly out of adjustment, etc....

Latest posts

Top Bottom