Info for you to use when people claim the US was founded as a christian nation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting discussion...my opinion is the founders recognized the acceptance of a creator being and a natural law as being accknowledged by most major religions but at the same time recognized the need to govern using logic and reason and not superstition. Far more damage has been been done by overly religious states than by secular ones.

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich," -Napoleon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful," -Seneca

"No man ever believes the bible means what it says, he is always convinced it says what he means," Shaw

blazeitornot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's fun being a Christian in America. All you gotta do smile and salute any type of Authority figure, be a couch potato that won't be missed, try to enforce your beliefs on everyone and blame every problem on people that don't like to go to church.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't Obama say that this was a muslim nation and was actually discovered by muslims? One can say what they want but that doesn't make what they are saying true.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't Obama say that this was a muslim nation and was actually discovered by muslims? One can say what they want but that doesn't make what they are saying true.

I found an interview of Obama by a French reporter in which he claims that if you took the Muslim population of the US we would be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world. So I'd call the first claim half true.

Nothing shows Obama claiming that America was discovered by Muslims but that claim has been made by the president of Turkey and by CAIR and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found an interview of Obama by a French reporter in which he claims that if you took the Muslim population of the US we would be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world. So I'd call the first claim half true.

Some number say there are approx. 6.5 million American Muslims. That's about 2% of the population. Other sources say only like 2 million so lots of disparate numbers on this one. If we accept the 6.5mil number then there are 38 countries with more Muslims than the US.

reade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "was the US founded as a christian nation" topic can be pro'd and con'd for sure but this much I'd say is pretty much 100%, it wasn't founded as an Islamic nation. But by omitting Jehovah from the equation (whether you believe in him or not) a void is left the Allah can easily be fit into (wether you believe in him or not). Just my .02.

Latest posts

Top Bottom