Is 9mm any good in all reality?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did it ever occur to you guys that he and his dad might have a deal of some sort ... I have kids in their late 20s, early 30s that I am MORE THAN HAPPY to help out from time to time ...

Y'all shouldn't jump to the conclusion Pharr's not a good kid ... because he is a good kid ... his dad is very proud of all his kids and he should be ... he's done a good job with them ...

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did it ever occur to you guys that he and his dad might have a deal of some sort ... I have kids in their late 20s, early 30s that I am MORE THAN HAPPY to help out from time to time ...

Y'all shouldn't jump to the conclusion Pharr's not a good kid ... because he is a good kid ... his dad is very proud of all his kids and he should be ... he's done a good job with them ...

He has done a great job, I have met Leighton in person and told him so. I have had PM conversations and Email conversations with Pharrshot as well, he is a good young man and is looking for a job as per one of our convo's. Just stabilizing him up with some advice to get on his own two feet now, learn to stand on his own two feet now while he is young, so he does not have to come back and ask for help when he is in his 20, 30's!! I see all this as giving the young man some tough love advice from outside his own father. He is on a public forum and that is to be expected that some guys are going to toss out some tough advice! I believe no one here is doing so in any form of malice.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Much like Seaman Been, I've watched Pharrshot grow n mature on OSA. Kids like him n Been are real assets to the gun community and this forum.

I wish we had more like these 2 young fellers.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe no one here is doing so in any form of malice.
Having tough skin around here is not just reserved for the adults. If my kid was posting here I would tell him to put on his big boy pants and jump right in not to wade in from the shallow end but he will be interacting with men and not boys and these ol coots while they know their stuff theyre a little fiesty so dont try and bs them much and dont take everything said to you to heart. They have fun with ya but theyre a great group of fellas. I have no doubt that in a few years with thousands of posts he will be giving good and maybe his own brand of satirical advice to noobs.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally am not a 9mm fan, but I don't scoff at it either.

They'll all kill ya deader'n hell.

True story - I carried a Beretta 92F back in the day and one of the deputies walked in and saw it on my hip. Being an old timer, and a big bore fanatic, he claimed that ALL defensive handgun rounds should begin with the number "4." He continued to mock my "sub-caliber, pusillanimous (a real word - look it up) baby rabbit gun" and even jumped on my captain for allowing me to come to work unarmed.

Well, I had just about enough and I said, "deputy...how 'bout let's me and you have a good ol' fashioned duel right here, right now. I'll use my 'pusillanimous' 9mm and you use your big ol' hogleg, BUT LET ME SHOOT FIRST!

He finally left me alone shortly after that. :bolt:

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm just happy that his comment struck nerves with others. His comment was disrespectful and insulting. I'm almost positive that he did not mean to insult his father. Sometimes, a man or woman just has to suck it up and take their lumps. It builds character.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just happy that his comment struck nerves with others. His comment was disrespectful and insulting. I'm almost positive that he did not mean to insult his father. Sometimes, a man or woman just has to suck it up and take their lumps. It builds character.

That I cannot argue with ... still, you know me ... just call them like I see them ... :wink2:

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't mean any insult to my dad. He'd promise to take me up to the class. I do for the most part buy everything myself whether it be clothing, guns, parts, etc.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't mean any insult to my dad. He'd promise to take me up to the class. I do for the most part buy everything myself whether it be clothing, guns, parts, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if that's the case, you'd learn a LOT and do well to sell one of your guns and take the class. The benefit vs what gun you want next is significant. You can always replace whatever gun you sold later. I'd recommend taking the class in 9mm just to save a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom