Is Wilson Combat deleting critical YouTube Comments?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you believe Wilson Combat deletes negative comments on their YouTube videos?

• Yes, they cannot take criticism.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No, Youtube just isn't displaying your comments.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MASSAD?!!?!!?!?

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First and foremost, I am not accusing WC of anything, I just wanted to get a general consensus on what the OKshooters community opinion is.
Anyway, as you all may know, Massad Ayoob recently claimed that you "abuse" a pistol by closing the slide on an empty chamber. Not just highly tuned 1911s, but all semi auto pistols. This has recently became a meme on the channel (along with Massad meowing like a cat) and people have began calling WC out on this in the comment section. Recently I've noticed that several of my comments referencing this have seemingly disappeared. Do you think that this is the result of WC having thin skin and deleting comments, or is it a result of YouTube being silly and simply not showing the comments that myself and many other people have made?
For emphasis, I am not accusing anyone of anything, or defaming anyone's character, I am simply asking for opinions.

Link to the original video in question:

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you had included a “have no idea” choice on your survey, I would have check marked/voted that answer. Referring to both the censoring of negative posts about Massads’ warning/claim about damaging a finely tuned 1911 action. I realize you didn’t ask specifically about whether any of us believed that assertion is valid. I mostly bought the cautionary message because of who delivered it and me not being a gunsmith. My understanding of the working/meshing of trigger/hammer/disconnector on finely tuned 1911s’ is limited. Hopefully an experienced gunsmith will post about this.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you had included a “have no idea” choice on your survey, I would have check marked/voted that answer. Referring to both the censoring of negative posts about Massads’ warning/claim about damaging a finely tuned 1911 action. I realize you didn’t ask specifically about whether any of us believed that assertion is valid. I mostly bought the cautionary message because of who delivered it and me not being a gunsmith. My understanding of the working/meshing of trigger/hammer/disconnector on finely tuned 1911s’ is limited. Hopefully an experienced gunsmith will post about this.
The "Finely tuned 1911" part isn't the issue, the issue is that he claimed it abuses all semi auto pistols. My CZ P01 has been closed on an empty chamber more times than I care to remember and it is no worse for wear. The M9s we had in the armory had been closed on empty chambers probably 1000s of times with no issues. So if Massad would have kept it to 1911s, he would have some credibility, but to say that it abuses ALL semi autos is incorrect at best, and dishonest at worst.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard complaints on another board that utube either deleted or wouldn’t post negative feedback on videos. I have no idea if it’s really true.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brands have a duty to protect themselves. They also have a duty to be honest.

There are so many old wives tales, tall tales, lies, misunderstandings, and truths out there we should all be cognizant of the sources. Sometimes our best knowledge is poor and we do not even know it.

I was told repeatedly closing the slide on an empty chamber would diminish the life of the firing mechanism. This was from multiple old armerors. We’re they right or wrong? The basic information is correct, do not abuse your tools or they will fail you when you need them. Basic.

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many times are we talking here? I think I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I’ve done it on a few of my pistols, and not even thinking about it. But I could see an argument made for doing it every single day, multiple times a day. Like for example, emptying your CC for whatever reason.

The question I have, is there any difference in the shock absorbed by the firing mechanism between slamming on an empty chamber and ignition/recoil?

Btw, I’m not defending empty chamber slamming. Because it just seems unnecessary to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom