Israeli Arms 1911 .45 ACP question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedneckZombie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently acquired an Israeli Arms 1911 in .45 ACP. The barrel is about an inch shorter than my RIA GI model but all else is the same size. The pistol has extended everything and 3 dot sights. I have only fired 2 mags thru it and it functioned fine. I hope to rev it up and wring it out soon. Can anyone give me their opinion on this make and model as I am totally unfamiliar with Israeli Arms. Anything in particular I need to know? The fellow I purchased it from needed $ and the price was to good to pass up. Thanks.

RedneckZombie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
you won't like it sell it to me at a loss. nah I dunno anything on it but first hand experience tells more than what u can read online. I'll see if I can find anything out for ya

Thanks Z, much appreciated.

Gillman7: No, its got the xtnd beavertail w/commander hammer. And the barrel is 1" shorter than my GI Rock Island.

Thanks everyone.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
IA makes a good gun. I just don't like the square trigger guard so I would shave that first. Port and polish, spring and trigger job and go have some fun. Never mind these clowns..... If you can't stand keeping it I am here for you :)

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one for a while. It was my first 1911. I did have a few feed issues as mine did not like JHP ammo. Shot well though for sure. :) Sold it on the board here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom