It Doesn’t Pay to Work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are so screwed.

It is now more lucrative – in the form of actual disposable income – to sit, do nothing, and collect various welfare entitlements, than to work. This is graphically, and very painfully confirmed, in the below chart from Gary Alexander, Secretary of Public Welfare, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (a state best known for its broke capital Harrisburg). As quantitied, and explained by Alexander, “the single mom is better off earning gross income of $29,000 with $57,327 in net income & benefits than to earn gross income of $69,000 with net income and benefits of $57,045.“

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/11/it-doesnt-pay-to-work.php

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A girl I went to high school with was whining on facebook that the state was requiring her to look and apply for work to keep her utilities on. She has 1 child and is expecting another in a month or so. Her boyfriend is currently in county jail serving time for stealing copper from an AC during the summer. I hope they sew her hole shut so that she can't make anymore dependants of the state.

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A girl I went to high school with was whining on facebook that the state was requiring her to look and apply for work to keep her utilities on. She has 1 child and is expecting another in a month or so. Her boyfriend is currently in county jail serving time for stealing copper from an AC during the summer. I hope they sew her hole shut so that she can't make anymore dependants of the state.

Are you kidding ? This administration will probably give her fertility drugs. They gotta keep producing brain dead Obama voters somehow.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
at what point do the makers (earners) get fed up with the takers and what can we do about it? i'm tired of people taking what i work for. it's theft plain and simple

Last edited:

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how someone's schedule would look, working 40 hours a week to pull in <29K/yr and still having time to sit in all of these agency offices for hours to pull in their welfare. Has anyone in this thread had any experience with these programs?

But it makes for a good rabble-rousing article.

Latest posts

Top Bottom