it's not just the AFT now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One officer told his supervisor “they” (dispatch?), changed the twenty, after the dogs charged. Wrong location given to officers by dispatch? Sounds familiar. Has happened before. What if the homeowner was being savagely attacked and responding officers got there in time to stop it? One way they’re heroes, other way ,,,,,,zeroes?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They gonna post that long-ass video and never tell us if the dog is ok?

One of my most common nightmares is that something like this will happen to one of my pups.

I’ve got a goofy ole heeler dog that runs out to greet everyone that pulls into the drive. Nobody ever seems to mind and will just bend down and pet him, but I did watch an Amazon driver hold the package down between him and the dog and he looked like Barry Sanders with the stiff arm and hips swiveled out trying to get away. I was standing on the porch and told him he didn’t bite and wasn’t aggressive and then he relaxed and petted him on the noggin and all was good. Almost all of the drivers have gotten used to him and will pet him up when he comes out to greet them. This dog made friends with a stray cat and would pal around and play with and sleep with the cat. He ain’t got a mean bone in his body.

I have no doubt that if the ATF ever has a reason to come calling ‘ole healer dog is gonna get capped. Which pisses me off.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone is quick to criticize these guys, but if you had to walk in their shoes....

I remember when I was about 12-13 years old I had a paper route. Ran into mean dogs quite often. Never shot one.
I’ve dealt with customer’s dogs all my working life and been dog bit twice, and I didn’t shoot either of them. It’s completely possible to deal with aggressive pets without shooting them.
I won’t say the cop was right or wrong, but I will say that if a person is afraid enough that their first instinct is to shoot someone’s pet, they more than likely have no business being a d*mn cop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom