IWB holster for a glock 29,30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im looking for a good iwb for my glock 29. Thinking about a summer special or vm2,crossbreed. I want a foward cant and body shield. Thanks for any advice.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I love my comptac MTAC, which is my everyday holster for my G30. It's constructed in a similar fashion to the crossbreed (leather backing, kydex shell). Very comfortable, great retention, amazing quality and the customer service is top-notch.

Another great feature of this holster is that you can order additional kydex shells, which would allow you to swap the shells in order to use the same holster for a different model firearm.
www.comptac.com

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the MTAC. I carry a G29 in it everywhere even jogging. It's so comfortable I even take naps with it on.

Just use a bit of locktite on the screws once you get them adjusted they way you like.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A coworker of mine carries a 30 in a Summer Special 2 daily.

I borrowed it for a trip to Boston (10 round mag land) and carried it all week and found it perfectly comfortable.

The 30 was obviously thicker than my 22 but no holster can affect that.

Michael Brown

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Summer Special II's for a different make of polymer pistol. I have used it for both daily concealed carry and training. I'm tremendously pleased with the holster. Well made and designed with attention to detail. Everything is in the right place.

Glock owners can actually order some Summer Specials "off the rack" from Brownells:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=9922/Product/SEMI_AUTO_SUMMER_SPECIAL_2

But not for G29 / G30, apparently. (Availability through Brownells is off and on, but it's a better situation than Milt Sparks's rigorous direct order process.)