J frame grips fit a Taurus?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Rossi once that took J-frame grips like they were made for it. I had heard a rumor that the rossi revolvers were knockoffs of the S&Ws. It's possible that the Taurus revolvers are the same thing. Maybe one of the local shops has that taurus and might also have some J-frame grips to try it out if nobody on here can verify one way or the other.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why don't you just go to Precision's website and order the ones for a Taurus direct?
The website doesn't list a part number but says they are available for S&W Ruger and Taurus

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They will fit, the only difference is the locating pin location. You will have to drill a new hole. I have those grips on my J-frame, and love them.

Cool thanks. This is for my wifes gun. I tried to talk her into a j frame but she liked the Taurus better. I thought I'd get to say "I told you so" but I can't. It's been reliable and it's way more accurate then my old 642.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool thanks. This is for my wifes gun. I tried to talk her into a j frame but she liked the Taurus better. I thought I'd get to say "I told you so" but I can't. It's been reliable and it's way more accurate then my old 642.

Man, I was just getting ready to bust your chops about owning a Taurus :)

Is the real reason she likes it because its pink?

Latest posts

Top Bottom