JC Higgins Model 20 project - Pic Heavy!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw the Partner Protector project that Coolhandluke posted and it encouraged me to share my own project that I took on some time ago. Didn't want to jack his thread.

It started as a 28" model 20 in terrible condition. Little bluing left with surface rust. The wood was very dinged up and the butt stock looked like it had sat submersed in water for years. The below pic is the only before photo I could find.

i939.photobucket.com_albums_ad231_clintermo_shotgun027.jpg

Everything was hand sanded. I refinished the metal in semigloss black duracoat. After exhausting myself sanding the stock, I decided to keep some of the character and left some of the minor gouges. Actually I just got tired and gave up but it looks great...

The bolt was originally jeweled but due to time, use, and rust I decided to polish it up to a mirror finish (That's my face in the reflection).

Overall I'm still very pleased with it. Only thing I wasn't able to locate was an original replacement recoil pad which is the only part that still shows the original wear.

i939.photobucket.com_albums_ad231_clintermo_IMG_0307.jpg

i939.photobucket.com_albums_ad231_clintermo_IMG_0311.jpg

i939.photobucket.com_albums_ad231_clintermo_IMG_0314.jpg

i939.photobucket.com_albums_ad231_clintermo_IMG_0313.jpg

i939.photobucket.com_albums_ad231_clintermo_IMG_0312.jpg

i939.photobucket.com_albums_ad231_clintermo_IMG_0308.jpg

And one pic especially for you toe fetish freaks

i939.photobucket.com_albums_ad231_clintermo_IMG_0316.jpg

Last edited:
S

Steamer

That's quite a restoration - nice job. Did yours originally have a compensator/choke on the barrel? If yes, was it the adjustable one or the PowerPac?

Latest posts

Top Bottom