Jeet Kune Do Seminar this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gecko77799

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a couple of people have asked about Jeet Kune Do a few months ago. I'm a student at Evolution Martial Arts OKC and just wanted to pass the info on to anyone interested. It's located at the Lighthouse in N OKC / S Edmond.

Our instructor is Sifu Joel Ledlow who teaches JKD as it was taught in Bruce's L.A. Chinatown school. His lineage is -- Bruce Lee>Sifu Jerry Poteet>Sifu Joel Ledlow.

Over the years I've looked for true JKD and haven't been too impressed with those claiming to be the real deal. He ISN'T some Wing Chung guy rebranding and calling it JKD. Sifu Joel is the real deal. He moved back here from L.A. a few months ago.

He has JKD classes on a regular basis up there but there is a JKD seminar this weekend from 1130-1700 this Saturday the 11th. It's over the use of Jeet Kune Do and how to apply it against grappling/MMA. You'll have to contact him for further information if you are interested. You will have to bring a mouth guard if you attend this seminar. Don't wait and forget to fit it because it really sucks using a mouth guard that isn't molded yet...yeah I didn't have time last time.

He offers a free week trial to check out the normal JKD classes but that doesn't apply to the Seminar this weekend. His website is www.evolutionmartialartsokc.com (Hope I didn't break any rules here but I've seen other sites posted in the past).

I'll try and check back tomorrow or later tonight if anyone has questions but we moved out in the sticks and our internet is killer fast.

TheSanDiegoKid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easy with the language man!

I may not aspeaka da language but I know what curse words look like! And your June ko dach has got my attention!

But seriously. Any recommendations for us Tulsans??

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn,wish me and my kid could make it. I would like to get him started in JKD now that he has gone thru the ranks in Dale Cooks organization. He worked with a boxing coach all summer and is looking to go as far as he can with boxing. He just turned 14 and he's 5'10" x 185 already with great reach and good timing.

Bruce Lee> Prof Gary Dill> me,1980s&90s. Had some great workouts with Terry Gibson when he was alive in Tulsa during the summers in the 80s while visiting as a kid; worked with George Baldwin in Stillwater also.

gecko77799

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn,wish me and my kid could make it. I would like to get him started in JKD now that he has gone thru the ranks in Dale Cooks organization.

I think he mentioned another one coming up at the beginning of the year sometime but I'm not sure. I'll post it as soon as I find out or you can check the upcoming events section of his website periodically. http://evolutionmartialartsokc.com/upcoming-events

I don't know that the upcoming one I think he mentioned will be the same focus though as this one. Keep your ears and eyes open...I'll let everyone know soon as I do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom