Jimmy Carter: ‘America no longer has a functioning democracy’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure - whatever helps you sleep at night :)

Democracy isn't a dirty word, man. That's really my only point - you can actually have an understanding of the Democratic system and how it exists and is used in our limited government and not be an evil sonofab$%@#. Sure there are people who don't comprehend what true Democracy does to an unlimited government at the will of idiot citizens, but that doesn't make it an entirely bad concept (whose name we don't speak).

Confront your fears man - say it with me... "Democracy!". See? Only a few puppies died that time.

I can say democracy. I can also say mob rule and lynch mob. The democratic element to our republic is extremely important. A republic without the democratic element is just as bad as a pure democracy. China claims to be a republic as did the USSR. I'm just saying our form of government isn't a democracy, it's a republic. Constitutional republic is probably the most accurate description, but democratic republic works too.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Carter's legacy will in the history books be the Camp David Peace Accords. But what his enduring legacy is in my mind is Islamic Iran. I remember how he skipped out on the Shah.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I call it an Administrative State.

The vast majority of the law in this country is made by unelected bureaucrats in the form of regulations.

FYI, "republic" doesn't imply any limitations on governmental power... just that the laws are made by democratically elected representatives.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never thought I would see a day where I agrees with Jimmy the Peanut. Hell truly has frozen over.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!!!!!! Babba foreign policy getting criticized by Pea Nutjob whose legacy is Iran. :pms2:

Like Inhoffe says: If in 2000/2001 we could have spied on every American the way we do now, we could have prevented 9/11.
Don't you want to prevent another 9/11?
NO!!!!!!!!!! Giving of freedom in the name of safety, not worth the price.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I call it an Administrative State.

That's probably the best description. A majority of the rules are no longer made by our representatives (and they don't represent us half the time anyway) so it isn't a republic anymore. And the rule makers are no longer elected, so it isn't democratic anymore. And they no longer bother following the constitution, so it isn't constitutional anymore.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like Inhoffe says: If in 2000/2001 we could have spied on every American the way we do now, we could have prevented 9/11.

Inhoffe is a true patriot he wants to protect America.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!!!!!! Babba foreign policy getting criticized by Pea Nutjob whose legacy is Iran. :pms2:

Inhoffe....pffft. Just another establishment BS politician. He needs replacing.
There's other ways to prevent another 911 that does not require the gov to destroy our liberties.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can say democracy. I can also say mob rule and lynch mob. The democratic element to our republic is extremely important. A republic without the democratic element is just as bad as a pure democracy. China claims to be a republic as did the USSR. I'm just saying our form of government isn't a democracy, it's a republic. Constitutional republic is probably the most accurate description, but democratic republic works too.

Ding ding. We have a winner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom