Joe and Jose...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
JOE & JOSE’
You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal".
Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California ...or Texas ....or... Arizona ....or.

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay close attention....

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.0 0 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics and emergency hospitals at a cost of $0 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money to be eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps, WIC and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631 .00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month Federal Rent Subsidy.
Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for car insurance. Some of that is uninsured motorist insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc..

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month..

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work to make ends meet.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same elementary school. Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches, while Jose Illegal's children get a free,government sponsored lunch.
Jose Illegal's children have a free after school ESL program.
Joe Legal's children go home to an empty house.

Now, when they reach college age, Joe Legal's kids may not get into a State School and may not qualify for scholarships, grants or other tuition help, even though Joe has been paying for State Schools through his taxes, while Jose Illegal's kids "go to the head of the class" because they are a minority.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay anything.

Do you get it, now?

If you vote for or support any politician that supports
illegal aliens... you are part of the problem!

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's such bs.

Illegals cannot get food stamps etc.

Can't you guys get something other than tired old xenophobic emails on which to base your fear and loathing?

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you vote for or support any politician that supports
illegal aliens... you are part of the problem!

If you think illegals are a bigger problem then where our politicians are taking us with their BS you are also part of the problem. I personally like illegals more than I like politicians.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still don't get all you guys who are so focused on the illegals instead of our own bureaucracy. "Jose Illegal" is not getting food stamps. He did not come here to get food stamps. He came here to get a job and provide a better future for his family. That sounds a little like the American dream doesn't it?

Don't get me wrong. I am not in favor of illegal immigration. We certainly need reform and we need to seal both borders. Immigrant laborers need to be accounted for and pay their fair share as immigrant laborers. They don't need to be given citizenship in order to work here. They are a necessary part of our work force since we have created a generation of legal American citizens who continue to bring more children into single parent homes that are funded by food stamps, government vouchers and trips to the ER for a common cold.

The fact that everyone hates Jose Illegal is a joke. Jose illegal is contributing a service to our economy at a 40% discount to Joe Legal according to your numbers. Without Jose Illegal, everything you buy starts going up in price because there aren't enough Joe Legals in the workforce because Joe Legal is a subsidized government titty baby. For those of you who fail to see the picture, you are greatly in need of an economics lesson.

To use an old cliche from the past, don't hate the player, hate the game. Channel your anger and hate into efforts to reform our own entitlement system, so our own citizens will have to get jobs instead of sitting on their fat assess in housing paid for by the government and eating cheese puffs and soda paid for by the government. Jose Illegal will not have work because if given the choice, his boss would hire an able bodied American if he could find one who wanted to work half as hard as Jose. Jose illegal is not taking jobs from people who want them. He is taking jobs that no one else will do.

Try to stop buying into all the right wing media hype that has you thinking Joe Illegal is our problem. Lazy Americans and a system of entitlements are our problem. Spend more time bitching about the people who keep popping out babies and contributing nothing to our society than the dude that is busting his ass all day to keep your construction cost low and all evening to keep the dishes clean at your local restaurant. Trust me, you don't want either of his jobs and you definitely don't want both of his jobs.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
JB, that was a pretty weak criticism from one of your profession. I agree with the OP's basic premise.

JB, don’t want to offend any Illegals that may take a few dollars out of his pocket. You know he has to be PC for the money.... I have always been curious why some lawyers would aid in destroying their own country but now I know it's all about a dollar! Just like a politicians. But hold on 97% of senators and Congress men are Lawyers. That explains it all why we are in the shape were in it’s all about personal gain! :finger:

Latest posts

Top Bottom