Johnny Carson monologue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you have never heard of the comedian George Gobel, but one of the most funny clips is on YouTube where he comes on after Bob Hope and Dean Martin and tells of his service in WWII as an instructor pilot. Search YouTube for Geoge Gobel on Johnny Carson. It's long but very funny, best line is at very end.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you have never heard of the comedian George Gobel, but one of the most funny clips is on YouTube where he comes on after Bob Hope and Dean Martin and tells of his service in WWII as an instructor pilot. Search YouTube for Geoge Gobel on Johnny Carson. It's long but very funny, best line is at very end.
I dunno... this is a pretty old crowd. I'd bet the percentage of members who remember George Gobel is in the 80% plus range. How could you forget George Gobel?!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeppers...

...George Gobel trained bomber pilots at Altus and Frederick...

...his claim to fame is that not one Japanese plane made it past Tulsa.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
George Gobel was sometimes on the old Hollywood Squares show (wish they would broadcast reruns of that).
When they asked him, how high does a person have to get to skydive George replied "about three days of steady drinking ought to do it."

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
George Gobel was sometimes on the old Hollywood Squares show (wish they would broadcast reruns of that).
When they asked him, how high does a person have to get to skydive George replied "about three days of steady drinking ought to do it."
that was a great old show forgot about that one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom