johnster999 NEGATIVE feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This member advertised an item for sale. I sent him a PM saying I would buy it at advertised price and to give me a phone number so I could call and make arrangements to meet.

At 3:39 10-24-11 he replied OK and gave me a number to call.

By shortly after 6 that same day, he had sold the item to someone else.

I have had over 100 transactions and this is the first one where a member did not do exactly what he said he would do.

While losing this transaction makes no real difference to me, I think members should be made aware of the possibility of his not keeping his word.

johnster999

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSA Members

Based on my understanding this forum allows for members to buy and sell items to each other with a great deal of freedom, which is a great benefit.

If anyone has any interest in one of my items and has any misgivings due to this feedback please let me know an I will provide a more detailed description and my side of the story. The feedback you see here is from a user I have never sold anything to.

Since I'm being called a liar please allow me to respond.

Corpsvet
My mistake here was replying to any of his IMs at all.
He sent me a "lowball" offer on the 23rd of $30 (my first clue) which I did not respond to. He then apparently changed his mind and decided to send me an asking price offer on the 24th and asked for my phone number so he could call me, which I provided. I see that he's using my casual "ok heres my number" as a blanket agreement to sell to him, but it certainly wasn't. We hadn't discussed terms of a potential sale, meeting place, form of payment at all and he never provided a phone number for me to reach him to discuss details. When he never called it seemed to me he'd changed his mind again.

Saddlebum
Not sure what similar experience he means. As best I can tell we haven't even had any dealings of note. I do see where he inquired about the same item corpsvet was after although I don't know that I had a chance to reply. Perhaps this angered him, I don't know.

It's strange to me that I've bought and sold $500+ guns here with no problem, everybody happy, but now I get this over a $45 holster. In any case, this is still a great place.

Thanks,
Johnster

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's strange to me that I've bought and sold $500+ guns here with no problem, everybody happy, but now I get this over a $45 holster. In any case, this is still a great place.

Thanks,
Johnster[/QUOTE]
where is your good feed back thread from all those smooth deals?

He had a pm9 for sale ,i messaged him that i would take it (at his asking price) if he would meet halfway on the turnpike.He messaged back he would do the deal. i message back asking when he could meet and i never heard from him again. later I saw where he posted it as sold

I assumed he got an offer from some one closer,but that doesn't excuse breaking a deal with out communication. if he would have let me know he had a local offer i would have gladly let him out of the deal

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leave it in his feedback. If he doesn't have one, start one. But not with that title.

Feedbacks are not conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom