Joined USSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcall99

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
First post so thought I would jump in and talk about the best place to shoot. Joined USSA last weekend already been twice to shoot. This place is just awesome and the people are some of the friendliest I've meet at a shooting range. Been a member of Tulsa firearms and not real impressed shooting at paper for hours. Now shooting reactive steel for hours gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Gotta say if you get a chance to shoot at USSA go and do it you will be addicted. :laughup:

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't been there yet, but thinking about their trigger time package. I agree on the paper targets. I need a place where I can practice my concealed draw and other things you just can't do at an indoor range.:nono1: And by the way, welcome to OSA. Lots of good folks and info here.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I joined this summer and have been shooting matches there for a couple of years.

The USSA facility and most important the employees are awesome!

They now have a monthly plan that is affordable to everyone to enjoy a world class facility.

Take the tour and you will be hooked!

rcall99

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. Been reading on this site for about a year. I also got the trigger time membership can't beat the monthly payment plan. Ya the people are great out there. Looking forward to taking some classes and hopefully start shooting some competitions.

saryan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Glad to have you and welcome to OSA. If there is anything we can do for you then let us know.
BTW Keelty your membership is a family membership now if that matters to you. Are you shooting the USPSA this Saturday?

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just joined recently as well, the academy is a truly amazing facility. I don't think I have brought anyone out there that didn't think about signing up.

Saryan, I have been looking to start doing some matches as well. Is USPSA a good place to start? I like USPSA rules a little better than IPDA, even though I'd like to do both eventually.

rcall99

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya I've been trying to talk some friends into joining. Everyone I have talked to out there has been really friendly and talked about how good the place was. I have been reading a lot about competitions. I would lime to know a good place to start. I have read most of the threads here about competitions just not sure where to start.

bboswell

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
To anyone reading this, who has also been "thinking" about visiting USSA, or trying a USPSA, IDPA or Steel Challenge event, as Nike says.............Just Do It!!!

The staff at USSA is superb, friendly and extremely knowledgable. More importantly, they respect newbies who can't help but be intimidated at first. They will make certain you feel comfortable with the facility and your gun handling.

First time to shoot a match?? No problem. Bring what you have and others will loan what you need until you get your equipment bag built. Jump in both feet first. The staff and other enthusiests won't let you drown. I was as clueless as anyone when I started, and every time I shoot my fellow shooters help me get better, and always make me feel comfortable, even though I am not nearly as skilled as they tend to be. Its about being safe and having fun.

GoldenBear

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been reading a lot about competitions. I would lime to know a good place to start. I have read most of the threads here about competitions just not sure where to start.
Step One is showing up. Let folks know that you're a new shooter (at least to the USPSA/IDPA game) and they'll get you steered in the right direction. Be open to learning and improvement.

The goal at your first match is shooting safely. After you get familiar with the rules and the routines of the competition, then you can worry about shooting fast (and even hitting the target!).

Show up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom