Jury duty question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine that was on jury duty recently said that after they came in with a guilty verdict and the gang banger was sentenced to life the Judge ordered them to stand up and state their names. She also said that some of the defendants friends that were in the court room screamed that they now knew their names and would find them and kill them, Is she putting me on or is the court system really that screwed up.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the judge didn't hold them in contempt and possibly even ask for charges to brought against them, then there is something wrong.

That's in my humble opinion though. I'm no legal professional.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She said that the police took them out of the court room and she assumed they were arrested, She was pretty shook by all of it.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone in the courtroom knows the names of the jurors anyway. It's public record for one thing, and the defendant is there when you're selected. I sat on a first degree murder trial several years ago, and you can pull up the case on OSCN and see my name along with all the other jurors.

I think it's extremely rare for anyone to go after jurors as retribution for a sentence being handed down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom