Just another day in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read years ago that a grad student in OU school of meteorology had determined is a research project that

“ if a person lives their entire life in Oklahoma they have less than a 1% chance of being directly effected by a tornado in our state”. He went on to state thst a sparse population and large land area were the two most dominate factors in his finding. I’m in my 70s and have seen only one tornado in my life. No damage to my property or injury to my self or any family member
Other people: "Have you lived in Oklahoma all of your life?"
Me: "Not yet."
:hyper:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read years ago that a grad student in OU school of meteorology had determined is a research project that

“ if a person lives their entire life in Oklahoma they have less than a 1% chance of being directly effected by a tornado in our state”. He went on to state thst a sparse population and large land area were the two most dominate factors in his finding. I’m in my 70s and have seen only one tornado in my life. No damage to my property or injury to my self or any family member
If you look at government data the amount of people that die from tornadoes a year is less than 150. That’s in the entire US. Doctors are far more lethal than tornadoes. Those storm cellars are definitely making a profit off of people’s fears. Lots of things out there kill more people than tornadoes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom